Thursday, March 2, 2023

King Of Kings (American Revelation XI, Ten.)

I met a traveler from an antique land,

Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
And on the pedestal, these words appear:
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.


~Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley

I just saw this.

Some idiot Florida Republican proposed a bill that would require bloggers who write about the governor to register with the state.

Apparently somebody thinks King Ron! The Clownish needs a Lese-Majeste' law.

What the fuck do you think he is, the king of Thailand??

I mean, I get it. Ron! likes to pretend he's some kind of political brawler on some kind of rabid anti-"Woke" Jihad, and the fawning sycophants of the Florida legislature keep enabling this horseshit because Republicans gonna Republican.

These idiots don't realize that their culture war horse shit is "Disney getting tired of it" away from the Mouse basically buying Florida from the Federal government, firing them all and making sure every last one of these idiots never works again.

DeSantis only has gotten as far as he has because somebody puts up with this shit. Thing is these idiots don't seem to realize he'd sacrifice them and the whole damn state to Dis Pater for even a shot at running for President.

But as I understand it, dude makes Al Gore look charming and gregarious by comparison, has all the force of personality of wet cardboard and despite his bullying political demeanor, he's about as confrontational as the Mall manager from Bad Santa. And this guy thinks he's gonna go head-to-head with Donald Trump?!?!

I hate Trump.

I literally have thought Donald Trump was a racist, dumber than shit, and total human garbage since I was 15 years old. 

At that age, I was a kid in a moderate conservative family in rural northern Michigan and Trump to me was the epitome of urban "liberal" degeneracy, just as today he's the epitome of the degeneration of the Republican Party into...I don't know, whatever the fuck this is.

But, even I know that as dumb as he is, Trump has an animal cunning for this petty, venal shit. Trump is like a school-yard bully. He'll take one look at Ron! in any face-to-face encounter and take five seconds to make up some childish, stupid nickname or one-liner that'll absolutely wreck DeStupid's political career in about as long as it takes some random MAGA dipshit to Tweet about it.

And all these Florida Republicans and various bootlickers trying to make Ron! happen and be a valid presidential contender will abandon Ron! so fast they accidentally discover Faster-Than-Light space travel. Please Clap.

And the King of Kings will be...nobody...in less time than it took me to type this line.

In that vein...I just don't understand the utter arrogance of these fucking people. And the vast majority of them have done not one damned thing to justify them being arrogant about it, in my opinion. Love him or hate him, at least Elon did some stuff with SpaceX and Tesla. 

What's Jordan Peterson ever done?

Has he never read the Gospels, the Sermon on the Mount in particular? Hell, there's a lot of assorted social justice-related stuff throughout the Bible!

Also, Jim Jordan...most powerful man in Washington? 

According to...Matt Schlapp?? Say again? Hello? Is this thing even on...?

Maybe it's just me, but I think if that jacketless schmuck drops a quarter, he might not want to bend down to pick it up. 

Given the sexual assault allegations against Matt Schlapp, I'd be real cautious of him saying stuff like that if it was me. Dude just up and grabbed some guy's dick and then tried to invite the dude up to his hotel room!

Sorry, but to me there's nothing "Gay" about that, it's pure sexual predator. I don't know any regular LGBT people who do that kind of thing. And yes, in my experience the perpetrators of this kind of shit are, very often, loudly "Conservative" and "Toxic Masculinity" types.

But ya know, more than once I've seen and had to report sexual harassment of normal gay dudes by ostensibly straight sexual predators. This happened several times over the years at my old job.

And again, the sheer arrogance and transparent fakery of it all just pisses me off.

I've known street bums who conduct themselves with more dignity and self-respect than these motherfuckers do.

And they think themselves fit to rule the world??

It's like they looked at not only the vicious authoritarianism of the Russians...but also the bumptious stupidity...and said "That's what I want to be, yep."

And they long to have a one-party "Republican" State, somewhere, anywhere, it doesn't matter where. They'll have it in some remote Siberian Oblast at the rate they're going.

Personally, I think these people attempting all this rabidly unconstitutional shit is nothing more than to set up a pretext for secession so they can have some shitty little banana republic in a place like Florida, where at least the weather's nice.

Not as long as I have anything to say about it, assholes, and I used to be a Republican. I swore an oath to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution that you motherfuckers increasingly seem to regard as optional. I'm tired of this shit.

Reagan wept.

If you want a better country, you have to be better citizens...and this? This ain't it.

Nine

If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth. And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except to sovereign people, is still the newest and most unique idea in all the long history of man's relation to man. This is the issue of this election. Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves. ~Ronald Reagan

Слава Україна!








No comments:

Post a Comment