Thursday, March 9, 2023

Evil Empire (Trailer Park Rome, Four.)

Joe: For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.

Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.
Attorney General: "So wait a minute. What you're saying is that you want us to put water on the crops.
Joe: Yes.
Attorney General: Water. Like out the toilet?
Joe: Well, I mean, it doesn't have to be out of the toilet, but, yeah, that's the idea.
Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave.
Attorney General: It's got electrolytes.
Joe: Okay, look. The plants aren't growing, so I'm pretty sure that the Brawndo's not working. Now, I'm no botanist, but I do know that if you put water on plants, they grow.
Secretary of Energy: Well, I've never seen no plants grow out of no toilet.
Secretary of State: Hey, that's good. You sure you ain't the smartest guy in the world?
Joe: Okay, look. You want to solve this problem. I want to get my pardon. So why don't we just try it, okay, and not worry about what plants crave?
Attorney General: Brawndo's got what plants crave.
Secretary of Energy: Yeah, it's got electrolytes.
Joe: What are electrolytes? Do you even know?
Secretary of State: It's what they use to make Brawndo.
~From the film Idiocracy.

I saw this yesterday.

Apparently Lauren Boebert's 17-year-old son got some 15-year-old girl pregnant. And this was announced as if it were a thing to be proud of. When I use terms like "Trailer Park Rome" this is exactly what I'm speaking of.

I'd just like to point out that #1 Yes, I was sexually active as a teenager. #2 If I'd have gotten a girl pregnant...especially a younger girl...there would have been hell to pay and I knew it. #3 There was a point past which I was not allowed to leave the house without a rubber in my wallet. 

I had a "Friend with benefits" all through high school. Chubby nerd girl, neighbor girl. In the sort of place where everybody knows everybody else and the old people down the street will tell on you. She had plans in life. She wanted to be a math teacher. To say we were always "Safe" was a raging understatement. If it hadn't been a known quantity that we cared deeply for each other and that we had previously been seen as mutually 'good' influences upon each other, the situation would not have been tolerated. 

She made me get my homework done, for fuck's sake! We were held to standards, by the society we lived in.

But even so (and considering the fact that her Dad was a medically-retired Sheriff's Deputy) I had it explained to me just what my place in the world was, and that if I broke his daughter's heart or got her pregnant at that age, we'd talk again. A "friendly" warning, delivered at the kitchen table, while we were cleaning guns

I come from a different, more old-school, stricter world (and strain of conservatism) that Hoebert does, apparently. When I say I was literally raised to dislike White Trash...there's a fucking reason for it. When I have said things like "Bring Back The Ass Whuppin'" I am not speaking idly. 

At this point, though? Leave the kids the fuck out of it. We got plenty of adults didn't get taught properly. The kids will figure it out. People like Lauren Blowbert? Not so much.

For fuck's sake, at least Sarah Palin was old enough to fall into the starting levels of grandmother age range.

And while I'm at it, I was raised not to tolerate racism. I was also raised not to talk bad about immigrants nor to be mean to them (especially to refugees, for fuck's sake) or veterans. A lot of my role models were veterans, people who'd served in WWII, Korea and Vietnam, and during the integration of women into more roles in the military during the 1970's for that matter.

My own desire to serve came from being around those people.

Jessica Bradley Rushing is a veteran and she's worked previously with Afghan refugee resettlement. And yet again, the Afghans were our allies, for fuck's sake! The refugees in question are people at risk of literally being killed by radical Islam. 

It seems to me that we would want people in our society who had the guts to stand up against the forces of Jihad, but what the fuck do people like me and David French know, anyway?

We've only been over there, to one extent or another, and seen how this shit works in real life. He went to Iraq in war, I was deployed to Saudi Arabia during peace.

What the fuck kind of raging moral failures are these fucking people? Modern "Conservatism" is dominated by these moral bottomless pits! There is almost nothing else even left!

And I'm a tell you something else, too.

As I've written previously I grew up with a gay dude living down the block. He was living with, which at the time meant dying of  HIV/AIDS.

I don't wanna hear this shit about LGBT people being called "Groomers" or "Recruiting" for doing nothing but openly existing in the goddamn 21st century. I will not tolerate it.

I don't know that my neighbor knew what a Pride Flag even was. I do know that he didn't live to see things that we all take for granted nowadays, and that makes me sad. 

Why? Because he was a good guy, he had standards. He was part of a solid adult support system that kept a younger me from doing stupid shit. And I happen to know that dude was, certainly by the standards of today, relatively conservative in the way that people were 30-40 years ago. I've written about this.

I'm sick to death of "Conservatism" and a Republican Party that cannot and will not see people as...people. Which cannot even grasp the simple idea of "The Enemy of my Enemy is my Friend."

I mean, fuck. Mitch McConnell fell and hurt himself at some event, and all the MAGA's wanna do is mock him for it. He's gotten more empathy and sympathy from liberals than from most of his own fellow Republicans. (And this is, nominally, one of their major leaders.) Think about that for a second.

I'm sick of people who want to rut like a troop of horny Bonobos and still be seen as righteous, who'll pretend to see each other as righteous just to annoy the rest of us, no matter what the fuck it is they actually do.

Yet that shit will tolerate utter debasement of the self, of the other, and of one's sexuality and soul for no better reasons than ideology, perversion and political power, and which thrives on hatred for no better goddamned reason than it makes people easy to manipulate.

But it's those other people over there that are bad, yo.

Modern Republicanism is political philosophy as written by 14-year-old devotees of Ayn Rand.

If you can't understand that all this shit is wrong, fuck you. 

It's as simple as that.

These people cannot be reasoned with, they have no conscience, morality, sense of shame, or even the vaguest idea of self-interest or survival instincts for the rest of us to appeal to or for society to control for.

It's left to other people to stand up, for anything.

And for that matter, they're mostly cowards who can't even face what they're doing or want to do their own damn selves. Except for the furthest of the far edge, they sure as hell aren't proud of it...at least not enough to speak about such things openly...except among themselves.

It's like they know it's disgraceful, and they fear and hate the very real possibility of their idols of Asmodeus and Dis Pater being dragged out of their secret temples and shattered in the public square. They fear their mob being beaten back by the legions of civilization.

They cannot even take Pride in their own vision of an Evil Empire.

Ultimately, they fear the punishment that they know awaits them in hell. But they think they can somehow bullshit God and get out of it.

The only way we, as a civilization, nation or society are going to get out of this and survive is to stop tolerating this horseshit. And eventually, it's going to come down to fighting back.

It isn't that hard to not be a goddamned human dumpster fire.

If you want a better nation, you have to be better citizens, and yes, better people.

And this ain't it.

There's going to be a test later.

Are you ready?

Three

Слава Україна!

We welcome change and openness; for we believe that freedom and security go together, that the advance of human liberty can only strengthen the cause of world peace. There is one sign the Soviets can make that would be unmistakable, that would advance dramatically the cause of freedom and peace. General Secretary Gorbachev, if you seek peace, if you seek prosperity for the Soviet Union and Eastern Europe, if you seek liberalization, come here to this gate. Mr. Gorbachev, open this gate. Mr. Gorbachev...Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
~Ronald Reagan




No comments:

Post a Comment