Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Who Is George Santos? (American Revelation XII: Eight.)

I coulda swore I seen the motherfucker in my cell, going through my personal effects

He fingers, fingering my cigarettes
Came out like nothing was happening whistling he tune!
So I mushed his ass, like, "Move, motherfucker, make room!"
"Hey, ain't that my cigarette hanging off the tip of yo' lip?"
Didn't even give him a chance for he confession
Just leveled his ass with all that aggression!
Lefts, rights, to the dolex
Foots to the chest
Uppercuts to the grill
I'm like "Kill!"
He's like "Chill!"
Take that for me even bein' in this place
Take that for that fucking CO baton across my face
Feel that for that lawyer who don't give two fucks about me!
And feel this, feel this! 

For me being enslaved by poverty! 

Motherfucker
Gimme them damn cigarettes
Oh, these is Marlboros
I don't smoke these.

~Arnold "Poet" Jackson, from the HBO Series "Oz" S1, E1 "The Routine."

Saw this last night.

George Santos got himself brought up on Federal charges, apparently for Unemployment Fraud.

I've asked this before, to the tune of Ayn Rand's "Who is John Galt?"

Who Is George Santos?

Is that even his real name?

Whoever...whatever...he is, this guy has for all intents and purposes become the GOP's new lowest-common-denominator Spirit Animal. Dude's like what Richard Nixon was for 50 years, or what Donald Trump was for four more...except he put in a whole lot less work than the former and couldn't bullshit as well as the latter. He didn't even have to...and that should scare you.

Long Island Republicans voted for his ass anyway.

And now Republicans are all in to defend George's ass.

Because the cruelty's the point, the dishonest buttfuck games are the point

This kind of shit is literally what Republicans think government is for

They think they're entitled to run the Ratfuck Olympics of Stupid Republican Tricks on a permanent basis at our expense. That's what they think the purpose of Power is...nothing more than to enrich and pleasure themselves and play games.

The fact that this shithead literally lied his way into Congress and the only people who said anything about it were Democrats and the legacy "Establishment" Republicans that the Base, the Fascists, the MAGA's and the populists hate anyway...is...the goddamned point!

And the fact that this dude was co-sponsor of a bill to reign in COVID-19 pandemic-era Unemployment fraud and he couldn't vote on the goddamned bill today because he was in court for committing the crime?

We gonna be goddamned lucky if Republicans don't run this motherfucker for President in the future.

Do you really think any doubts over whether or not he was born in America would stop them?!?!

Because if we've learned anything from how Conservatives in general...and Republicans in particular...have behaved in the last eight years or so, absolutely nothing matters. Hell, even being in Congress is simply seen as a gateway to more cheap internet fame. 

After all, what the hell else is Lauren Blowbert doing there?!?!

Republicans support the Constitution or Democracy or freedom about like they "Support" the Free Market or the Troops...right up until the second they are asked to do anything at all to show the reality of their alleged convictions.

And sometimes they get help. Apparently CNN's Trump "Town Hall" was basically Russian State TV level of bad.

And there was no reason for it, other than money and ratings. Some people really would destroy America for a paycheck, just like Ronald Reagan said way back in the day.

I don't think he expected it'd be the Republicans.

Reagan Wept.

It's all bullshit.

And I'm tired of it.

The question is, are you?

When are we going to do something about this horseshit?

Because if we don't...what the hell are we?

We don't just need to know "Who Is George Santos?"

We need to know how all these motherfuckers got into our politics, so we can get them out and keep them from coming back.

Seven

Слава Україна!

Well, you wonder why I always dress in black
Why you never see bright colors on my back
And why does my appearance seem to have a somber tone
Well, there's a reason for the things that I have on
I wear the black for the poor and the beaten down
Livin' in the hopeless, hungry side of town
I wear it for the prisoner who is long paid for his crime
But is there because he's a victim of the times
I wear the black for those who've never read
Or listened to the words that Jesus said
About the road to happiness through love and charity
Why, you'd think He's talking straight to you and me
Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose
In our streak of lightnin' cars and fancy clothes
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back
Up front there ought to be a man in black.


~The Man In Black, Johnny Cash



1 comment: