Thursday, May 18, 2023

Manifest Idiocracy (Land Of Confusion, Two.)

 [The Mandalorian brings together the entire Mandalorian covert after Carson Teva makes a surprise visit and asks him to help Greef Karga's situation on Nevarro when the New Republic won't lift a finger]

Mando: Now, many of you don't know Greef Karga. And those that do fought against him when you rescued me from his ambush many cycles ago on the streets of Nevarro. Since then, he's had a change of heart and has risked his life to save mine as well as the Foundling in my charge. [Grogu coos] I stand before you to petition an intervention. To help rescue Nevarro before it's too late. I am in no position to ask any more of you. However... However, the enemy that decimated this very covert were Imperials, not Greef Karga's bounty hunters. Greef Karga is now a High Magistrate and has offered me a tract of land on his independent world. Perhaps it is time for us to live in the light once again on a planet where we are welcome. So our culture may flourish and our children can feel what it is to play in the sunlight.
Armorer: Does anyone else wish to speak?
Mando: It's up to them now.
Paz Vizsla: I do. I was there on Nevarro that night. I fought against Greef Karga and his hunters. I saw my brothers and sisters fall at the hands of the Imperial butchers that hunted us in the sewers. I saw many die to save the life of [gestures to Grogu] this one, tiny Foundling. And now we are asked to sacrifice yet again. The question we should be asking ourselves is, "Why? Why should we lay our lives down yet again?" Because we are Mandalorians! I have had my disagreements with this man, but he risked his life to save my son. And Bo-Katan Kryze did not give up on my child's life even when the rest of us did. These two are asking us to take up arms in the name of a brighter future, and I for one will take up arms to fight by their side[Mandalorians agree] This is the Way!
Mandalorians: This is the Way.
Armorer: This is the Way.

I saw this earlier.

MTG said she felt "Threatened" by Democratic congressman Jamal Bowman.

She said his manner was "Aggressive."

Bitch, I've seen the shit you say about people. Talk to me and I'll fucking show you "Aggressive."

Note: I think Stonekettle was right here, to compare MTG to the bitch that got Emmett Till killed, who was by the way, subject to several grand jury investigations damn near right up to the day she died, and rightly so

Personally, I think MTG's whining is an attempt to get her Democratic colleague assaulted or killed.

Does that strike you as an act of any person who's even the least bit interested in civilization, much less representative democracy??

If anybody's being aggressive here, it's MTG and I say that as a white dude.

Republicans are literally trying to use laws and political power to attack the rest of us, and when that mostly fails, they will attempt to fight a civil war. Now, I don't think they'll get near enough people for that...I strongly suspect their Jihad against the young means very few people even close to military age would fight for them at this point...but they'd sure get enough for some bullshit-ass insurgency.

These people...and mind you, people like Hoebert and MTG very much do represent the Id of the Republican voter base...are literally trying to claim they're under attack, or to try and present themselves as martyrs. 

Why?

Fundamentally, because Other People Exist. Yes, that's literally their problem. Other people have the balls to exist in the same world as them and not offer themselves up to destruction or slavery. 

They're mad because the culture is changing, because the world is changing. They're upset because Black people and LGBT people and young folks for the most part aren't voting for them, don't support them and aren't content to be "The Help" or otherwise be subordinate to Republicans who, frankly, could give a shit about anybody who isn't a rich white Republican

And it seems to me like the more Republicans lose...and note Republicans recently lost a mayoral election in Colorado Springs...the more they double down infinitely on the very bullshit that's making them lose, that's making them unpopular, and that's been costing them voters for years.

I used to be a Republican. 

I got out in 2008. Conspiracy theories, Racism and Sarah Palin were all dealbreakers for me.

And I'm here to tell you that when they lose enough, these fucking people will start resorting to violence to try and get their way. 

Hell, it's already happening. It's been happening.

And speaking as a veteran here, it will almost certainly get worse.

We're fundamentally dealing with people who think the Bosnian Serbs and the Khmer Rouge and the Manifest Destiny motherfuckers who tried to exterminate Native Americans were in the right.

Hell, these sons of bitches still fly the Confederate Flag and the Swastika!

I mean, I haven't seen a T-shirt that said Pol Pot or Slobodan Milosevic did nothing wrong yet.

But these assholes are heading that way.

And some of them have been saying Adolf Hitler or Robert E. Lee were in the right for a very long time indeed. 

I brought up my thought that their "Ideal society" is basically the Killing Fields but with a Chick-Fil-A and a Mall at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic and absolutely nothing I'm seeing has caused me to reconsider that thesis in the fucking least.

Especially not lately.

I fully expect these sons of bitches to break the law, do evil shit and push for others to do the same on enough of a level that it ultimately necessitates the Federalization of National Guard troops and ultimately, armed federal action.

Remember Ruby Ridge, the Branch Davidian standoff in Waco?

These motherfuckers are pushing for that kind of bullshit on a large scale...if not for an outright civil war...and that's if they don't just up and try to J6 a Republican city or state where things go against them. I can almost guarantee it'll be over some hard-right Republican who failed to be hard-right enough.

And merely being a Christian or a conservative or a Republican...or hell, even a goddamned fascist, ultimately...won't save people from the mob's appetite for blood. Denver Riggleman, who I quoted above, is a former Republican Congressman

He got primaried by a Liberty University Ned Flanders clone because he officiated at the wedding of two gay men. Friends of his who'd volunteered for his campaign. Years of being a loyal Republican, of conservatism, of military service, and a vehemently pro-business record (and himself owning a distillery) weren't enough. Dude had a record most Republicans couldn't dream about and they still threw him off the fantail of the SS Nixonland.

Thing I don't get is, you basically have to give up your Self and become a rabid crowd-follower. I'd say like one of those old dudes that stares at the TV like an ADHD kid when Fox News is on...but Fox News fell by the wayside a long time ago.

To make it as a Republican today you have to literally be the absolute opposite of what I was taught by Republicans to be! 

Of course, most of the people who taught me are either dead of old age or voting for the Democrats by now.

You know what the fucked up thing is?

It's not even that they think they'll win.

These assholes already think it's the End Times and they're very often certain that if things get bad enough, their murderous version of Jesus will show up and destroy their 'enemies' and "Save" them.

And whether it's Disney or the Ukrainians or just some random person on the street wearing a "Black Lives Matter" T-shirt or not voting for Republicans, these fucking people are mad as hell that the rest of the world is fighting back.

Republicans think that since they've stockpiled a bunch of guns and political power and turned corporate media into their goddamned pets, that they should just get whatever they want.

No. And, they don't understand that it's human nature to resist and that the world simply doesn't work that way. With these fucking people "Authoritarian" doesn't even begin to cover it.

And they think "Well we have X and Y, so now you have to do what we want." (Yes, a lot of these people really are that childish.)

I'd say the day will come when they even try and throw Trump under the bus, but some Ron DeSantis supporter already tried to do just that, today.

And it's because Trump didn't get them the kind of total power that they want.

And what do they want to do with that power? Honestly, they seem to want the rest of us to just die off or otherwise go away and let them play their cruel fuck fuck games in peace. And make no mistake about it...it all is a game to Republicans.

And they're Wrong.

But in order to show them that they're wrong and beat this stupidity back down to a manageable level, we're all going to have to stand together. We're all going to have to push back against evil and stand against the fall of night.

I'd say the alternative is the modern Republican version of Manifest Destiny...but that's so outdated.

The alternative is Manifest Idiocracy.

One

Слава Україна!

Joe: For the last time, I'm pretty sure what's killing the crops is this Brawndo stuff.
Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes.
Attorney General: "So wait a minute. What you're saying is that you want us to put water on the crops.
Joe: Yes.
Attorney General: Water. Like out the toilet?
Joe: Well, I mean, it doesn't have to be out of the toilet, but, yeah, that's the idea.
Secretary of State: But Brawndo's got what plants crave.
Attorney General: It's got electrolytes.
Joe: Okay, look. The plants aren't growing, so I'm pretty sure that the Brawndo's not working. Now, I'm no botanist, but I do know that if you put water on plants, they grow.
Secretary of Energy: Well, I've never seen no plants grow out of no toilet.
Secretary of State: Hey, that's good. You sure you ain't the smartest guy in the world?
Joe: Okay, look. You want to solve this problem. I want to get my pardon. So why don't we just try it, okay, and not worry about what plants crave?
Attorney General: Brawndo's got what plants crave.
Secretary of Energy: Yeah, it's got electrolytes.
Joe: What are electrolytes? Do you even know?
Secretary of State: It's what they use to make Brawndo.
~From the film Idiocracy.








No comments:

Post a Comment