Monday, May 1, 2023

Empire Of Man (American Revelation XII, Two.)

"You were just babies then!" she said.

"What?" I said.
"You were just babies in the war— like the ones upstairs!"
I nodded that this was true. We had been foolish virgins in the war, right at the end of childhood.
"But you're not going to write it that way, are you." This wasn't a question. It was an accusation.
"I — I don't know," I said.
"Well I know," she said. "You'll pretend you were men instead of babies, and you'll be portrayed in the movies by Frank Sinatra and John Wayne or some of those other glamorous, war-loving, dirty old men. And war will look just wonderful, so we'll have a lot more of them. And they'll be fought by babies like the babies upstairs." So then I understood. It was war that made her so angry. She didn't want her babies or anybody else's babies killed in wars. And she thought wars were partly encouraged by books and movies.
So I held up my right hand and I made her a promise: "Mary," I said, "I don't think this book of mine is ever going to be finished. I must have written five thousand pages by now, and thrown them all away. If I ever do finish it, though, I give you my word of honor: there won't be a part for Frank Sinatra or John Wayne.
"I tell you what," I said, "I'll call it The Children's Crusade." She was my friend after that.

~From the novel Slaughterhouse-Five, by Kurt Vonnegut 

I saw this the other day.

And I've been like "What the fuck?" ever since.

Some idiot MAGA Republican literally advocating for a Nazi-type "Final Solution" for Transgender people.

Fuck you, bitch. No.

I have friends who are transgender. I'm a United States Air Force veteran.

For the record a couple of the transgender folks I know are currently serving in the military.

You want to get to them you're going to have to go through me. Fuck you.

Assuming this is a real person, which the follower count and join-date kind of make questionable, I'm really starting to wonder just what the fuck is wrong with people.

But, hell, you ain't even gotta be transgender for these goddamned fascists to hate you, to other you, to think you should not exist.

You just have to be a kid ringing somebody's doorbell.

Fuck, these fucking people don't even want to live in civilization, let alone commit to the normal levels of human interaction that make the basis of civilization even possible.

Seriously, same people constantly ranting about how everyone should have to accept Christianity and obey the Ten Commandments? 

Whatever happened to "Thou Shalt Not Kill??"

I used to be a conservative. The idea of shooting kids was never acceptable to me. When did this bullshit become a thing??

Is there even a solution for someone so vicious that does not itself involve a bullet in the head? Is it even possible to disarm, cage, cult-deprogram, possibly have to pump full of drugs and literally fucking emotionally, mentally and morally reprogram...what? 

20% of the population

I'm just going with that number because somewhere around 20% will identify as "Conservative" or vote Republican no matter how bad things get. I'm going roughly off Bush 43 approval ratings from like, September/October of 2008 here.

How would this even be logistically possible, let alone determining moral parameters, among other things.

But at the same time, they don't have the numbers to gain the kind of power and control they really want or would need to not face consequences from the rest of the world...if not the rest of America.

That scares the shit out of them. Oh, yes, it does.

And, if we're being honest, how long before the rest of the world just decides to stop putting up with our crap?? 

Given that the rest of the planet now has to count on Democrats having majority-control of government so they can expect...oh, I don't know, some level of basic morality or even consistent global engagement in our own interests from the United States, it's no wonder so much of the world will gladly do business with China, or that Russia had a certain level of following before they invaded Ukraine.

A hell of a lot of America is exactly the bored dilettantes that the fascists and Nazis of the 1930's said we were.

It's unfortunate for the fascists and Nazis and Putinist Neo-Commies of the 2020's that America's bored dilettantes are our fascists and Nazis, who are also more interested in scamming off the American Idiot than they are in actually doing anything.

But, on balance, I suppose that's fortunate for the rest of us.

We just have to make sure these fucking people never have power, ever again.

Thing that gets me is, who do these bored, debased, perverse motherfuckers actually think is going to fight their War Against Virtually Everything for them??

Because if I had to guess, they sure don't want to do it their own damn selves, and they've alienated or antagonized the shit out of anybody who might conceivably do it for them.

And these monsters seem to absolutely hate anybody who's actually serving in the military or fighting for anything that even resembles basic human values.

I suppose that's because they see Ukrainian soldiers or US Marines or various activists as a threat to the shitty shit that they want to do to the rest of us.

Probably with good reason, I am and have been a lot of things, some good, some bad.

But I've never been a fascist. That shit disgusts me, always has.

Communism has never had any appeal either, mostly for the same reasons, and I saw a bit of the wreckage of that, I did.

Guess I heard too many stories of what fighting against that shit was actually like, when I was a kid.

More to the point these miserable pinch-faced sons of bitches seem to absolutely detest anybody, in uniform or not, of whatever political persuasion or not...who just wants to do their duty, do their work, and go home to be with their family, play with their pets, or get some sleep...who has a life and a love and some form of happiness outside of the Party.

It all sounds very Orwellian to me.

I know these ass clowns perpetually think they're going to just snap their fingers and say "Jump" and somebody will answer back "How high?" 

But that attitude seems to have hit a point of vastly diminishing returns in recent years.

And of course these fucking monstrous people don't like that.

I'm here to tell you, if you don't think these goddamn fascists next step is going to be turning to AI and robots to kill us all because they can't get enough humans to just obey, you're probably not thinking far enough ahead. 

It's probably a good thing that Republicans have been turning themselves into superstitious barbarians with literal belief in magic and shit for awhile now. Barbarians don't build Terminators, so there's that.

The world is not producing enough angry white right-wing men for these people's goals. 

These assholes have been looking for alternatives for awhile now. Why do you think these fuckers so badly botched the American handling of the COVID-19 pandemic?

Because they wanted to use it to get their "Killing Fields with a Mall" ideal world. That's why.

That's also why they couldn't even process that a virus didn't care about their politics or who they were.

What "Conservatives" have become is bored, debased, wannabe courtiers who long to be in the service of some bloated god-man...and they've got a wannabe for that, too.

We are fortunate that they do not have anyone to Obey and Kill on their behalf in service of a godless ideology, the Empire Of Man, where Man's self-satisfaction is the moral purpose of his life.

You think the Cult of Dis Pater sucks? By nature such a thing still must contain some degree of Roman morality, at least.

But that's not the world these fucking people want to live in. And they're going to figure something out, even if they have to just keep trying to wreck civilization with endemic mass-shootings.

We'd best make this stop.

Otherwise, where does it stop??

One

Слава Україна!

Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.
And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
And at midnight there was a cry made, Behold, the bridegroom cometh; go ye out to meet him.
Then all those virgins arose, and trimmed their lamps.
And the foolish said unto the wise, Give us of your oil; for our lamps are gone out.
But the wise answered, saying, Not so; lest there be not enough for us and you: but go ye rather to them that sell, and buy for yourselves.
And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut.
Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh. ~Matthew 25:1-13






3 comments:

  1. Chuds also think all the gun owners will be on their side. Uh no

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW it will be our side that has all the Terminator tech to hunt them down.

    ReplyDelete