Wednesday, August 9, 2023

The Ohio Heresies (Shooting Their Way Out Of Social Change, One.)

From Stettin on the Baltic to Varna on the Black Sea, the regimes planted by totalitarianism have had more than thirty years to establish their legitimacy. But none — not one regime — has yet been able to risk free elections. Regimes planted by bayonets do not take root....If history teaches anything, it teaches self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly....Our military strength is a prerequisite to peace, but let it be clear we maintain this strength in the hope it will never be used, for the ultimate determinant in the struggle that's now going on in the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas, a trial of spiritual resolve, the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish, the ideals to which we are dedicated. ~Ronald Reagan

So, yesterday Issue 1 went down in flames in Ohio. In attempting to raise the percentage of voters needed to amend the Ohio Constitution to 60% I frankly think the Republicans overplayed their hand...attempting to stop efforts to protect abortion rights, among other things. 

But given the unpopularity of a lot of Republican ideas, it could just as easily have hurt them...since there's very few things you can get 60% of Americans to agree on, but protecting abortion rights post-Roe seems to be one of them.

Not that things are going any better for "Conservatives" anywhere else.

It appears that Jack Smith has gotten access to Trump's Twitter account, and in the process fined Elon-Twitter a rather large amount of money for not coughing up his shit fast enough.

And since I was quite active on Twitter at that time, I'm rather hoping that Trump gets nailed to the wall with his own hammer for all the shit he said right around that same time, shit that was so messed up that Hell-Site Twitter made his shit unviewable and ultimately locked his account for. 

I hung in there all through the Trump years, and when I finally got to stop seeing or hearing about (as I had him blocked for much of that time, but you couldn't escape it) Trump's bullshit, that was a good day and you can tell him I said that.

Fuck that motherfucker!

Hell, if Ohio is any indication, even Republicans don't like Republican ideas.

A major manufacturer of military optics for the Russian Army in Moscow looks to have gotten turned into a large mushroom cloud yesterday.

And I have no damned sympathy whatever.

Also, things aren't going well for Ron DeSantis, so there's that, too.

So what are Republicans doing?

Threatening to shoot people, as they always seem to do nowadays when things aren't going their way.

Of course, these bitches will back down and call foul as soon as anybody threatens to shoot back. Fucking cowards, I'm sick of these fucking people.

How the Republican Party ever let itself become the plaything of an overamped hood-rat like Marjorie Taylor Greene, I'll never understand. But I know from personal experience that if you start messing around with somebody like her, you deserve exactly what you're going to get. 

Also it's probably a good idea to get checked for a few things, because it's a safe bet that getting an STD probably isn't the worst thing that can happen here, but the odds of it, for somebody at least, are high.

But yeah, Large Marge sees a problem, and thinks she's got some kind of great idea and that she's going to kill her way out of it. You and yours ain't the only ones with guns, bitch, and I'm a veteran...who unlike you can still do pull-ups the right way. Might be a bit sore after, but I can still do them.

Over the years I've seen some of Marge's gym videos and all I can say is that if I'd done my shit that way, my TI would have laughed at me, and made me do it again until I did it right.

But at this point we're all stuck dealing with a form of Republicanism that's more Lenin than Lincoln.

These fucking people's Christianity seems far more based on the Turner Diaries than on the Bible.

Republicans, by their own admission, would rather kill than live peacefully.

They'd rather break God's Law than live according to it in a world where anybody else gets to live, too.

For the record the yearly Northern Edge military training exercises are ongoing here lately. I'd just like to point out to anybody who needs to hear it, that there's even fewer obvious Republicans among the troops who've come through my workplace than there were last year...and there weren't that many last year. And those I've talked to when I've gone out and about wearing one of my Air Force veteran T-shirts like I did at the store this morning have likely regarded me as the ancient relic that, at this point, I probably am. Like "Where did you dig up that old fossil..."

For fuck's sake I just read yesterday that there's a new B-52 Stratofortress variant in the works, that'll use the radar from the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet which seems to me like one of these things being very much not like the other one to this old Bomb Wing veteran, but the way the article explained it, it made sense

Goddamn, I guess I am old! 

It very much is a new and exciting world out there, not only in terms of the military and who serves in it, but most other things, too. Change is, as ever, in the air...and "Conservatives" hate it.

Speaking as a former Republican myself, I'm fine with it. It is what it is. 

Still, As with the Ohio vote...and the one in Kansas awhile back...Republicans persist as if the money and privilege that have insulated them from having to face social change will continue to do so somehow if this culture war shit boils over into real war. 

They seem to think somebody else will do their fighting for them, and I'm not seeing anybody volunteering. But these cocksuckers all think there's some kind of Deus Ex Machina that'll make somebody else show up and fight.

These fucking people would rather break God's Law than let other people read what they want. According to the article, this bitch in Arkansas was stealing "terrible" books like Nancy Drew mysteries (you know, the kind of stuff I literally read the shit out of in Christian schools as a kid/young teen along with stuff like James and the Giant Peach and Where The Wild Things Are) and replacing them with Bibles and assorted Jesus Garbage.

"Conservatives" killed the conservative mind. Now they're after everyone else's.

To these motherfuckers, Ohio yesterday isn't a vote they lost, it's heresy.

I'll ask again, and not for the first time today. Whatever happened to stuff like "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and "Thou Shalt Not Steal?" I'm sick of these cheerfully hypocritical bitches.

If there's a war, they'll lose it. On a certain level these motherfuckers seem to know that and just not care. They want to have it anyway.

Modern Republicans would rather prostrate themselves before the Hammer and Sickle than salute the Stars and Stripes.

Anything other than "We The People..." eh? They're desperate to think they can shoot their way out of social change.

Freedom isn't free, and sooner or later we're all going to have to pay the cost.

But not paying the cost is much worse, remember that.

Last Post

See Also Here.

We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you. Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us; they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them. 

~Hunter S. Thompson.

Слава Україна!

"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride."

~Volodymyr Zelenskyy, allegedly 25 February 2022, Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment