Monday, February 12, 2024

Rejecting Christ (Notes On The Oblivion Cult, One.)

He rises from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.

After that he poured water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.

Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter said unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?

Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou know not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.

Peter said unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.

Simon Peter said unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.

Jesus said to him, He that is washed need not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.

For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.

So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?

Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.

For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him. ~John 13:4-16

...

Adrian: Listen, I gave you my friendship, and my trust. And now they tell me that my best friend is the goddamn enemy!

Tuan: Enemy? What is enemy? You killing my own people so many miles from your home. We're not the enemy! You the enemy!
Adrian: You used me to kill two people! Two people died in that fuckin' bar!
Tuan: Big fucking deal! My mother's dead. And my older brother, he's dead. Shot by Americans. My neighbor, dead. His wife, dead. Why? Because we're not human to them. We're only little Vietnamese. And I'm stupid enough to save your bullshit life at An Lac. ~From the film Good Morning Vietnam.

I saw this last night, not long after I'd finished writing my last post.

There were several Super Bowl ads, that were basically massively expensive Evangelism pieces, but of course, the people who wrote them went by the Bible in doing so.

So of course, the Cult of Dis Pater and the Oblivion Cult, they be mad about it. How DARE anybody ask them to be humble, or to emulate Jesus Christ, their alleged Lord and Savior?!?!

MAGA and it's "religious people" like Matt Walsh, think "Love Thy Neighbor" is heresy.

You know, that Jesus guy. I mean, He's still around, right??

Because after all, people see an ad that's basically Trump being carried on a gilded litter like some kind of Roman Caesar basking in the adulation of the mob, all most people are gonna do is laugh at it. And THAT would cause the MAGA's to demand a violent Jihad against the Rest Of Us.

I'll note these ads were put out by the Green family, you know, the Hobby Lobby people who were fined millions of dollars for looting artifacts from Iraq for a fake Biblical museum. "He Gets Us" is one of their various pet ministries. It's also that kind of money one needs to pay for 3 Super Bowl ads.

But they're "Heretical" now??

(If you don't think they had some kind of "Conservative" goal in mind here, you have another thing coming.)

Simply put, like my Grandma used to say, you attract a lot more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

But that's not enough for MAGA, not anymore. Anything less than the most debased, slavish Trump turd-polishing and literal demands that the rest of us lick their hobnailed jackboots Because They're White and Right-Wing and have Trump as an excuse to be assholes isn't good enough for these fucking people.

Christianity isn't what These Fucking People want.

Or more precisely, it's that these idiots have met their Lord and Savior, and it ain't Jesus.

This is how you Go To Hell.

According to Christianity, anyway. And with various slight alterations it's true across all of the Abrahamic religions and a few others, here and there. If you equate something else with the Divine and then exalt bad deeds, you're fucked.

This is how you are cast into the Oblivion of Sheol and these sons of bitches not only don't care...they collectively think they've found some instant shortcut to Paradise and gotten one over on the rest of us in so doing

In fact, if you show them, chapter and verse in the Bible, that they've damned their own souls by making Trump their god, and you tell them in no uncertain terms why...they'll walk away all dejected but then they'll think about it for a minute and rearrange whatever in their own dumbass heads and end up wearing their damnation as a badge of honor...so long as they think Trump is going to Hell with them

I've tried

I've been getting all Biblical about this shit with these fucking people since it all started

They don't care.

In point of fact, if you ask these people straight up why they like Trump, most of the most fanatical ones cannot or will not tell you why.

In fact, I think a lot of them know exactly why. They also know that, according to the text and any traditional Christian narrative at least...Trump is, in fact, the broad road that leads to destruction.

They know what that means, oh yes, they do.

They just hope you don't.

And that's why in 2020 they kicked Jesus Christ out of his own End Times narrative and they replaced Him with with Antivaxxer Woo Woo and COVID-19 Conspiracy Theories. 

These fucking people already either figured it was all bullshit or they think they'll get away with it somehow.

But the Truth is, if they're wrong, they're literally willing to bet their souls on Donald Trump anyway and they don't care if they get destroyed for it.

In fact, they see defeat, destruction, disdain, dishonor, etc. as somehow proving them right.

This is the bitter fruit of the right-wing American belief that being hated somehow means you're right.

And it's getting worse.

I literally saw in a New York Times article, awhile back, some MAGA saying Trump was "The only Savior that they could see."

Well according to what I was taught, at this point if you can see 'em, they ain't your Savior.

I guess a lot of these people were never taught that.

25 years ago I read this BC comic in the Detroit Free Press, with the bird perched on the turtle's shell, and the Turtle is opining that he just has to believe in God, and the bird keeps asking questions as the comic progresses, but it basically boiled down to the turtle saying these things were self-evident and didn't really require all that much faith to believe in.

And then they come up to a caveman worshiping an idol and the turtle is like, now that? THAT takes incredible faith.

Because if you're wrong, the consequences are literally eternal.

But more to the point...one hell of a lot of these fucking people were taught all this stuff the same as I was, 

Likely More, even. If you have a conservative or Evangelical church background, you know what I'm talking about.

All or Nothing, Fire And Brimstone, Utter Certitude of the rightness of their own interpretations.

You had to be there, I guess.

And These Fucking People?? When confronted with the Scriptures, even unintentionally (and by their own people!) they're literally choosing to reject Christ, right before our eyes, as well as all type of other stuff that's just basic morality and common sense. All this to throw in with, to bet everything on, the *Checks Notes* shouty Orange Guy behind the podium with his name on it, who can't remember anything and looks like hell.

Worse, they're doing it for a guy who said live on CNN in 2015 that he didn't need God's forgiveness.

And their backup plan is literally a KGB Agent.

If these people were who they said they were, those should have been the words that got us President Mike Pence or President Ted Cruz...and if these people were what they said, that's how it would've gone down.

But it didn't.

Yeah, I'd been out of Christianity for seven or eight years by then, but according to what I was taught it should have ended right there.

But it didn't.

And if I had to put money on it, I'd say a lot of these motherfuckers know exactly what they're doing, and the evidence I've seen with my own eyes also suggests they don't care.

Something in these fucking people's souls seeks Oblivion.

That's not me saying that. That's literally what the Lord's Word says about this kind of thing;

Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirs up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.

All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;

That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.

But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.

Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

For I will rise up against them, said the Lord of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, says the Lord.

I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, says the Lord of hosts. ~Isaiah 14:9-23

And worse, they think by doing all this crap, by literally (according to their own scriptures, which they now openly reject) denying Christ, by following after religiosity without Resurrection and seeking after Heaven without humility...they think they're somehow going to hurt other people, and get to go to Heaven for it, anyway.

I can't make this shit make sense.

That ain't in the Bible I read.

And because a lot of people ain't got the sense God gave a bird or a turtle...or even, perversely enough, a Baptist comic strip writer or a wealthy Evangelical family...the truth is we're probably going to have to fight a war to be rid of this ridiculous bullshit.

MAGA is literally an Oblivion Cult, in the end, even Trump, the man, will be consumed by it.

But they'll burn down the World for Trump, the meme??

He's just an excuse, these fucking people were going to find one anyway, no matter what would've happened in 2016.

We need to stop this shit, and we need to stop it now.

Слава Україна!

Nameless One: “Shadow of this life?”

Dhall, Dustman scribe: “Yes, a shadow. You see, Restless One, this life is not real. Your life, my life, they are shadows, flickerings of what life once was. This life is where we end up after we die, and here we remain. Trapped, caged, until we can achieve the True Death.”

Nameless One: “True Death?”

Dhall, Dustman scribe: “True death is non-existence. A state devoid of reason, of passion, of sensation.” [Dhall coughs] “A state of purity.”

Nameless One: Sounds like oblivion, why would anyone would want that?

~from Planescape Torment

"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride." ~Volodymyr Zelenskyy, allegedly 25 February 2022, Associated Press

No comments:

Post a Comment