Friday, December 24, 2021

Crypto-Mas (Christmas 2021, Part Two.)

And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn. And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, which is Christ the Lord.
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men. ~Luke 2:1-14

It's Christmas Eve.

And Steve Bannon is launching a new Cryptocurrency "FJB Coin."

Maybe it's just me but I think this is a transparently obvious pump and dump scam.

But more to the point it's Christmas, don't these shitty little haters ever take a day or two off? I mean, seriously, what the fuck?

This is nothing more than the guy who shouted "Let's Go Brandon" in a conference call where Joe Biden was wishing a bunch of kids a merry Christmas, but for idiots who have money.

I mean, these people be basically saying "You can electronically rob me if your politics are as selfish and shitty as mine." And since this Crypto shit is basically something somebody just made up, that's being traded like a commodity with actual state-backed money...it's hardly some kind of road to financial independence...except maybe for the already-very-wealthy.

But I know people who will probably buy this shit.

I mean, seriously, you'd think the people who demand that everybody accept their God and follow their religion would be fine with the idea of "Peace on Earth, and good will toward men" at least on the days we celebrate the birth of their supposed Savior.

But no, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

I guess I was just taught a different way.

20 years ago tonight, I'd worked my shift as a line cook at Big Boy in Petoskey, Michigan. We had to close, so we didn't get out of there until like 2:00 A.M. and I was driving back to my Mom's house...it was mid-winter break at the college and the dorm was closed. I was bone tired it was snowing like something from the ice planet in Empire Strikes Back. I mean, literally, it felt like my car was on the inside of a snow-globe and if you turned on the high beam lights it looked like it too.

I was flipping around stations on the radio to keep alert, and I hit this discussion on some Christian station or other where they were talking about how if you actually look at the Christmas story and the events...Jesus was most likely born in September or October.

And it sort of hit me, that if we don't know when Jesus was actually born (or even if He is any sort of real historical personage?) why do so many people only act out of "Peace on Earth and Goodwill toward men" for so short of a time? (If even that, in too many cases.)

Why not try to be a better person throughout the year, so you might not end up being an asshole on the actual day that Jesus was born?

I was still a Christian at the time, and that just kind of stuck with me.

When I had that realization, or revelation if you prefer...I was also still a conservative, and a registered Republican voter. But what's the point of all that shit, if you can't even put it down for long enough to enjoy Christmas?

What is the purpose of all this, if you can't even be a decent enough person to show respect for another human being...which last I checked, the President still is...on the eve of such a holy day?

What's so great about Cryptocurrency, and MAGA and all this political bullshit that it takes precedence over Christmas?

And aren't these the same people who got all soggy and hard to light for a couple weeks because somebody burned down the Fox News Christmas Tree? Seems to me like some people be missing the whole damn point.

If Christmas is just another thing to be outraged over, or to use as a political prop or get all mad about, what's even the damned point?

It's bad enough we've turned it into a months-long festival of Capitalism, can we have a few limits here, please?

Part I

#Top20

No comments:

Post a Comment