Saturday, March 14, 2020

40 Republicans voted to kill you.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.
Therefore when thou does thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. ~Matthew 6:1-2

40 Republicans voted against the Families First Coronavirus response package.

40 Republicans voted to leave every American affected by Coronavirus twisting in the wind. Had House Democrats not convinced Trump and a decent share of their Republican fellow Representatives to sign on, more would have. Doubtless, an unnecessarily-large percentage of Senate Republicans will also vote against the emergency response, because it helps people who aren't rich.

One "Conservative"-authored article that I read called the package a "Liberal Santa Claus" bill.

I've got something that needs to be said.

Fuck these motherfuckers. When they vote on it and decide that they don't have the money to go to war...then, and only then, will I believe their fiscal conservatism is anything more than a handy, socially acceptable way to dress up a desire to hurt people.

I'm sorry, but if my job gets shut down because of the epidemic, I'd rather like to be able to eat. I don't have kids, but I have a dog and ferrets that I need to feed also, and I don't exactly have the money or the space to buy and hoard away vast amounts of stuff, and I'm hardly the only one. If you're a rich white Republican whose job it is to wear a suit and go to meetings all day and occasionally vote on something and you have a problem with that, fuck you.

I have been able to stock up enough for awhile, mostly because I've been doing it for some months against the possibility of Trump fucking up something major, but it's not like I can go any length of time without a paycheck.

There is not one of those damned forty Representatives who deserves the seat their ass sits in.

And of course, the preferred Republican response to the crisis would be a National Day of Prayer.

I'd just kind of like to point out that according to the Bible that I read, if you don't take care of the poor and the sick and try to help people who need it, your public religiosity is basically just so much masturbation.

The entire basis of Christianity is the ultimate sacrifice of Christ on the Cross, the Son of God dying for the Sins of Man. Christians are in turn called to daily, pick up their own cross and follow Jesus, not just to repeat His words, but also to follow His ways.

Tell me something, where does a national day of prayer and voting not to give people emergency leave and virus testing fit in with that program?

Without forgiveness and love and sacrifice, without thinking of others, what is even the point of claiming Christianity?

I mean, without any of that, wouldn't it just be easier to go follow Eckankar, or the Hare Krishnas, or perhaps LaVeyan Satanism?!

Well, except of course for the fact that I've personally seen people from all those groups do humanitarian work and raise money for charitable causes, in the name of their religions or otherwise, with pure intent and because it needed to be done. That puts them one up on Trumpist Republicans.

Ya know, I've met and spoken with and argued theologically against radical Islamists who, had things worked out differently in this life we might've been shooting at each other instead. I've met Satanists who claimed to practice Black Magic, and whose conduct and ways didn't particularly make me doubt such claims. I've met war veterans not only from the USA but from other countries who described to me acts that could, or perhaps should, have been considered war crimes...and some of those people did not seem especially sorry for it. There's a guy I worked with back in the late 1990's that had gone to prison for second degree murder and was on parole. I've met quite a number of people who reject any gods, hell, reject the idea that a God or gods could be anything other than a made up fiction. I have, in fact, by dint of life experience, travel and work, dealt with some pretty fucking nasty people here and there.

But let me tell ya, ain't very many of those people that I've seen actually match the level of callous heartless cruelty and evil nastiness that I currently associate with many Evangelical Christian Republicans who support Donald Trump, and damned few of those people can manage the kind of snarling, snidely evil shit that Tucker Carlson spews every night...or at least they couldn't do it for as long or attract such a large audience nor did they claim they could heal masses of people through their TV sets.

So when I tell you that I think the only valid response to Republicans at this time is "Go fuck yourself" now you know why.

If you want to have a better country you have to be better citizens, and yes, also better people.

This? This ain't it.


No comments:

Post a Comment