Thursday, December 7, 2023

Organic? (Opioids Of The Masses II, Two.)

Why, why, why, why is it that most of the people who are against abortion are people you wouldn't wanna fuck in the first place? Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren't they? They're all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you're born, you're on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don't want to know about you. They don't want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you're preborn, you're fine; if you're preschool, you're fucked. Conservatives don't give a shit about you until you reach military age. Then they think you're just fine. Just what they've been looking for. Conservatives want live babies so they can raise them to be dead soldiers. Pro-life... pro-life... These people aren't pro-life, they're killing doctors! What kind of pro-life is that? What, they'll do anything they can to save a fetus but if it grows up to be a doctor they just might have to kill it? They're not pro-life. You know what they are? They're anti-woman. Simple as it gets, anti-woman. They don't like them. They don't like women. They believe a woman's primary role is to function as a brood mare for the state. ~George Carlin

...

"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride."

~Volodymyr Zelenskyy, allegedly 25 February 2022, Associated Press

So, Time Magazine named Taylor Swift as their "Person of the Year."

And of course, "Conservatives" are getting soggy and hard to light over that, too. Because why not?

Maybe it's just me, but I think we as a society would do pretty damned well to stop giving these fucking people access to political power and collectively tell them to fuck off with their silly bullshit.

I'm not particularly a fan of Taylor Swift, nothing against her, I just stopped keeping up with whatever was "Trendy" a bit over ten years ago, I'll listen to something by her if it comes on the radio or whatever. As I understand it, she's gone from Okay Country Singer to one hell of an artist during her career, and more to the point, she's actually a decent person.

Which means she votes for Democrats, and encourages her fans to do the same.

Which is, of course, what Republicans' real problem with Taylor Swift even is.

A decade ago, in the grip of all that Tea Party madness, far too many Republicans thought decency was for suckers.

Now these fucking people see decency, or anything other than their own bitter jaded cynicism and perversion, as a conspiracy against them, or as some kind of demonic plot, or witchcraft, or what the fuck ever.

Because these fucking people are mental thirteen-year-olds who can't understand that the reason nobody likes them is, well, them.

Seriously who the fuck looks at a priggish douchebag like Stephen Miller and sees anything other than some punk-ass who should've gotten more swirlies in high school, or maybe an ass-whuppin or three from his parents (and as I understand it, Miller's family does not share his shitty politics.) If I'd acted like how I've heard he did in school, well, my Grandma's favorite turn of phrase for repetitive bad behavior (including sustained troublemaking) was "If you keep doing that, I'm gonna beat you all the way to Escanaba."

And repetitive social (let alone political or religious, we just didn't do that kind of shit in my family) douche-baggery in particular tended to bring down the wrath of my Grandpa. Grandpa was a retired Naval Reserve Aviator who'd flown combat missions on active duty in WWII. His personal credo was "Some things are not done in the better places." Pissing off my Grandpa was generally the kind of thing that'd cause him to ruin your day...and usually the next several days after that, for good measure. 

And if he really wanted to, he could do it with turn of phrase alone. That could be even worse than an ass whuppin' because it was usually followed by getting grounded by my Grandma or my Mom and left with all the time in the world to think about it. Shamelessness was not an option, I was told straight up if I wanted to be that way, my Grandma would beat shame right back into me.

I was obviously taught not to suffer fools or foolishness gladly. I was taught things like fascism, people like Nazis or those who would aspire to be Nazis, etc. are not to be debated or entertained, they are to be smashed, and smashed with violence enough that they'll think twice before arising again.

So yeah, the fact that Republican bullshit is being tolerated, at this point, just pisses me off.

I'm tired of it.

I didn't serve in the Air Force so these motherfuckers could steal my country right out from under me 30 years later when I really started to need civilization to be alive.

These fucking people think they have some kind of a bullshit-ass right to ruin shit for everybody else until everybody else just gives up and accepts being ruled over by these motherfuckers, who will then presumably not stop ruining shit...because why should they, if they got us to give up once??

My ancestry is mostly Scandinavian, but I didn't need to read that history to know that once one pays Danegeld, one never gets rid of the Dane.

Remember that these motherfuckers not only basically excommunicated every pre-Trump Republican President...they've basically acted like the United States of America never had a President before Donald Trump slimed his way down that golden escalator. And they act as if that doddering, demented, unhealthy old fool who can't remember who he's running against or who the President of Turkey is, is somehow going to live forever and retain some kind of decision-making capability. Shit, I haven't heard a professing Republican talk about Jesus since about the early spring of 2017 and that's exactly how far down (or up, if you'd rather) the rot goes. It's a fucking cult. Republicanism is a cult that hates America.

More to the point, outside of the numbers of certain corporate executives, Republicans, rich people and the media, it's an extremely damned unpopular cult.

And these motherfuckers have the nerve to say that they think Taylor Swift is "aging" will die alone with her cat??

Bitch, Taylor Swift is dating an NFL player and if that doesn't work out she can always console herself by playing with her cat atop a ginormous pile of money while posting pictures of it on Instagram and basking in the adoration of her extremely large and vocal fanbase.

More to the point, I'll bet you money that when Taylor Swift is 77 years old, she'll still be happy, she'll still have her looks  and she'll have done some constructive things with all that money...unlike Donald Trump. Taylor Swift beats Republicans simply by being herself and existing.

So, naturally, Republicans have to try to make Taylor Swift out to be a Witch or something, lest they have to think about their own shitty life choices.

Like I said, either you believe in freedom or you don't, and she does.

And perhaps more to the point, Taylor Swift is who and what she is because she doesn't base her entire identity on being in possession of political power and unearned wealth at any given moment. I don't know how "Organic" that is or not, but maybe you Republicans should think about that for a second.

Taylor Swift certainly, whatever else she does or doesn't do, seems to understand the value of being a better citizen if she wants a better (or even the same) country to live in.

And in that way, she actually is an object lesson for the rest of us. It's not Witchcraft, it's Citizenship.

Which is of course why these assholes don't understand it, and getting them out is going to be a fight.

Fight the Memeocracy.

Fuck you, Republicans.

If you don't like America, you can leave.

Also, how is worshiping a golden idol of Donald Trump "Organic?"

Bet nobody answers that question.

Слава Україна!

I never trust a narcissist
But they love me
So I play 'em like a violin
And I make it look oh so easy
'Cause for every lie I tell them
They tell me three
This is how the world works
Now all he thinks about is me
I can feel the flames on my skin
Crimson red paint on my lips
If a man talks shit, then I owe him nothing
I don't regret it one bit, 'cause he had it coming
They say I did something bad
Then why's it feel so good?
They say I did something bad
But why's it feel so good?
Most fun I ever had
And I'd do it over and over and over again if I could
It just felt so good, good.
~Taylor Swift, I Did Something Bad

One

Meme
/mēm/

noun
  1. an element of a culture or system of behavior that may be considered to be passed from one individual to another by nongenetic means, especially imitation.
    • a humorous image, video, piece of text, etc., that is copied (often with slight variations) and spread rapidly by internet users.



No comments:

Post a Comment