Thursday, September 3, 2026

Shadow Of This Life (Oblivion, One.)

Nameless One: “Shadow of this life?”

Dhall, Dustman scribe: “Yes, a shadow. You see, Restless One, this life is not real. Your life, my life, they are shadows, flickerings of what life once was. This life is where we end up after we die, and here we remain. Trapped, caged, until we can achieve the True Death.”

Nameless One: “True Death?”

Dhall, Dustman scribe: “True death is non-existence. A state devoid of reason, of passion, of sensation.” [Dhall coughs] “A state of purity.”

Nameless One: Sounds like oblivion, why would anyone would want that? 

~from Planescape Torment
...

We are a nation that has a government — not the other way around. And this makes us special among the nations of the Earth. Our Government has no power except that granted it by the people. ~Ronald Reagan
...

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. ~George Orwell, 1984.

I saw this earlier.

Apparently Trump is trying to undercut Birthright Citizenship (Again) and the courts told him "No" (Again.) And no, Marky Mark, you ain't an attorney.

Honestly I don't understand why These Fucking People want to give everything, including their own basic human rights and freedoms to *Checks Notes* Donald Trump. and do it basically on the off-chance that somebody they don't like who isn't even involved or making this transaction comes out worse in an exchange they were not party to.

I mean, I get it. It's a cult and cultists do shit like that all the time. But I have eyes to see and ears to hear, I had the imagination to know this would turn out badly and the life experience to know what happens when you hand your life over to a narcissist. 

People who's only dream is having an ass above them that they have to kiss and somebody below them that they can kick and who literally dream of a life of miserable bastardy and religiosity in between the two will never understand that. And of course nothing is ever their fault.

It seems like a hell of a way to live, and I couldn't and wouldn't do it.

But then too many of these idiots don't seem to understand that we all have to have an Earth to live on, and that God might have a thing or two to say about their willful destruction of it.

Or if they do understand that, they want the destruction as some kind of a sacrifice to the Oblivion or their personal nihilism or something something Gazpacho. And again, if I thought that way I wouldn't still be here.

Hell I guess I just don't understand the willful "Conservative" disregard for all type of knowledge at this point that was literally written in the blood of generations.

Unless what it all comes down to is purely their immediate social standing and temporal wealth and all this shit that I was taught and actually believed is just bullshit to cover up what's really going on.

Then spoke Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that follows me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. ~John 8:12

These motherfuckers say they believe in Jesus, but then they want to walk in the darkness like it's some kind of a flex anyway. Honestly I'm nowhere near nihilistic enough to want to live in that kind of world.

Like, I can't even imagine if you want "Population control" and to constantly keep fucking up the planet, why would you also want kids to be having kids??

Is it just cruelty, a fetish for seeing people in poverty and at the mercy of the State as to whether or not they get to eat that day, for lives being destroyed before they even get a proper start??

Again, I couldn't live that way.

Not as the worker, not as the functionary handing out a loaf of bread for a Denarius. Yeah, the world we live in is kind of shitty but it's still infinitely preferable to these motherfuckers inflicting all the torments of Revelation upon the World for shits and giggles and political power.

Like what the fuck do you think the "Data Centers" the "Flock Cameras" and the probably-prototyped computer chip they want in people's bodies for their next step is??

Can't say I know very many people who'd want to live in that world, either. Maybe my partner's idiot relatives would, I don't know.

Indeed the whole fucking point of a very wide swath of Christian belief is escaping exactly that. I'm not saying it's right, that is simply what is. You'll note Republicans and their preacher hangers-on are increasingly pretending big parts of End Times Prophecy and Revelation simply don't exist at this point.

And he caused all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. ~Revelation 13:16-18

And no, none of these assholes doing this shit really believe a single word that's in the Bible, or at least not in the way they say they do.

They seem to like and believe in the parts about concentrated wealth and inflicted suffering, for sure. The rest, not so much.

Like, come on, what the fuck is wrong with these people?

I mean, it's like I said, these fucking people approach their Demon-worship, evil, greed and perversion at this point with the same single-minded "religious" fervor that led their grandparents to be dour Calvinist shitheads 50 years ago, or their parents to be weird Pentecostal narcissists 25 years ago.

It's a joyless "religious" mission. And no, don't you forget that's exactly what it is. Being religious is not a good in and of itself. There was and is such a thing as evil gods. 

They're just not very powerful and they were beaten because they got their Power from some historical iteration of These Fucking People, rather than from the infinity of Creation itself which is supposedly the claim to fame of the God of Abraham, Isaac/Ishmael and Jacob. 

I mean, fuck, even Aphrodite, Thor or Zeus seems to get a hell of a lot more recognition if not actual worship today than (for example) Baal-Haddad. Moloch remains synonymous with Evil, etc. 

But I suppose it's actually hard to be a joyless shit and worship Aphrodite or Dionysius.

We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.

And these fucking people seek out gods, real or imagined, that confirm their dour, joyless nature and feed their evil narcissism. Most of these people are such bitches that, yes, they basically need a god or some kind of "Daddy" figure, "Sky daddy" or otherwise, to tell them it's OK to be like that. Which is exactly why this Trump-cultism is a thing. Baal is apparently still sleeping or whatever, the same as he was when Elijah called that shit out on Mount Carmel.

The sad part is there's a whole damn world out there trying to show These Fucking People a better way than that. They keep refusing it.

Being small and mean and self-focused in The Shadow Of This Life is a hell of a drug, I guess??

Republicans would rather face Oblivion than see everyone have freedom.

I'm so tired of this bullshit.

You either believe in freedom or you don't.

Слава Україна!

[Caprica-Cavil and Galactica-Cavil are in an airlock, about to be executed]

Caprica-Cavil: Is there a Resurrection Ship within range?
Galactica-Cavil: Yes, brother. But first we're gonna die in a vacuum.
Caprica-Cavil: There's a 170 foot long launch tube in front of us. We might die of our injuries before we get to the vacuum.
Galactica-Cavil: I don't like you.
Caprica-Cavil: I understand that.
Galactica-Cavil: Do you really believe it was a mistake to attack the humans?
Caprica-Cavil: Rather intensely, yes.
Galactica-Cavil: You know that when we download amongst the others your strange ideas will be shouted down.
Caprica-Cavil: Ideas always seem strange until you try them on, brother. We had a temper-tantrum in the form of a cataclysm because we wanted them to treasure us, the Ones, more than humanity. More than their own history and blood.
Galactica-Cavil: We didn't want to be loved. We wanted to be treated fairly.
Caprica-Cavil: We wanted to be held to a bosom. To be petted and perfumed and told we were the princes of the universe.
Galactica-Cavil: Yes, well if the humans were gone-
Caprica-Cavil: Our parents would mourn them. They'd love them more anyway.
Galactica-Cavil: I'm going to see to it that you get boxed. And then I'm going to prepare to wipe out humanity once and for all.
Caprica-Cavil: The anticipation is very unpleasant.
Galactica-Cavil: Yes.
[Caprica-Cavil offers his hand, Galactica-Cavil looks at it and accepts it. Galactica-Cavil closes his eyes while Caprica-Cavil keeps looking. They are then airlocked.]

~From Battlestar Galactica: The Plan

Last Post

Cassian Andor: Kino. Tell them what to do. It has to be you. Come on, Kino. You do this every day. Tell them what to do.

Kino Loy: [presses PA system] My name is Kino Loy. I'm the day shift manager on Level Five. I'm speaking to you from the command center on Level Eight. We are, at this moment, in control of the facility.

Andor: Is that the best you got?

Loy: How long we hang on, how far we get, how many of us make it out, all of that is now up to us. We have deactivated every floor in the facility. All floors are cold. Wherever you are right now, get up, stop the work. Get out of your cells, take charge and start climbing. They don't have enough guards and they know it. If we wait until they figure that out, it'll be too late. We will never have a better chance than this and [looks at Cassian, knowing he said it] "I would rather die trying to take them down than giving them what they want." We know they fried a hundred men on Level Two. We know that they are making up our sentences as we go along. We know that no one outside here knows what's happening. And now we know, that when they say we are being released, we are being transferred to some other prison to go and die, and that ends today! There is one way out. Right now, the building is ours. You need to run, climb, kill! You need to help each other. You see someone who's confused, someone who is lost, you get them moving and you keep them moving until we put this place behind us. There are 5,000 of us. If we can fight half as hard as we've been working, we will be home in no time. One way out!

[repeats it multiple times as he leaves the command center]

Andor: Come on! Let's get out of here!

~From the series "Andor" S1 E10 "One Way Out."






No comments:

Post a Comment