Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Please Clap II (Oblivion, Four.)

Proctor: Sir, Mahoney says this restaurant has the best salad bar in town. [They're walking down an alley, still in their police uniforms.]

Harris: Well, it damn sure better have! 

[Inside, they walk through curtains of beads and past a Bud Light neon sign.]

Harris: Proctor, I don't see a salad bar

Proctor: [Noticing the sign "The Blue Oyster."] Look, sir, maybe they serve seafood. 

Harris: [Slowly realizing he's in a gay bar] That's not funny, you idiot! [To Leatherman] What are you looking at, you PECKERHEAD?! 

Leatherman: Nice uniform, makes me wish I'd worn my sailor outfit. 

Harris: I'm getting out of here! Move it! Move it! [Starts to push through the crowd of gay men.]
*El Bimbo begins to play*

Harris: [Being forced to dance with Leatherman] Proctor! 

Proctor: I don't think cutting in is allowed, Sir. 

Proctor: [Being noticed by second Leatherman] Nice collar!

~From Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol

...

And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she said in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. ~Revelation 18:1-10

So the Republican midterm convention in Texas can be summed up in pretty much 2 words:

"Please Clap."

Well, that and "Grindr."

Wait, is that a word??

Tim Scott evidently gave a pretty bizarre sermon/speech and what little I've seen of it is bad enough. I don't really want to see the whole thing.

I mean, Jesus, what the hell is wrong with these fucking people??

Except that, of course, it's the fact that a (The? Sorry, painfully straight guy here and I don't know shit about this stuff) Gay hookup app is literally *Checks Notes* OFF THE HOOK where there's a Republican convention.

We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.

I think that tells as big of a story as how much of a goddamn mess the whole thing is. Like, maybe these idiots might find time to be competent if they weren't always trying to cover up the giant pile of pelvic bones spilling out from their closets??

Like what's even the damn point, nobody cares if anybody's gay anymore, except for a certain kind of Evangelical Republican.

You know, the kind that habitually gets the definition of "Sodomite" completely wrong.

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. ~Ezekiel 16:49-50 (NIV)

And of course Trump is trying to literally buy people's votes...as if anyone but dumbass cultists trusts him anymore??

He said $5,000.

There's 245 MILLION adult citizens in this country so that works out to about $1.3 TRILLION dollars.

That we don't have.

That no one will loan us.

That Trump's biggest allies in particular simply do not have to give.

The trouble with deficit spending is you have to maintain good relations with creditors and potential creditors to keep the credit (AKA deficit spending) flowing.

And if America is done with Trump, well, I think it's safe to say most of the rest of the world is at least as sick of this bumptious wannabe-Antichrist as we are.

Not to mention it's a pretty damn safe bet he's stolen all of the Republican campaign money.

Yeah, have fun with that in a couple months here, guys.

Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house comes, at evening, or at midnight, or at the cock-crowing, or in the morning, ~Mark 13:35

The rest of us are, and I cannot stress this enough, God-damned tired of this mess. I'm overextended, my partner is over-stressed, my Mom *Checks Notes* the retired person, is overtired...and these motherfucking Jabronis have time for an off-season political convention and Rent-boy-palooza?? Instead of fixing the country and dealing with our actual problems???

Fuck These Motherfuckers.

Either get a grip, Republicans, or get the fuck out of the way.

As for the rest of you? You either believe in freedom or you don't.

You get what you tolerate, America.

Слава Україна!

If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth. And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except to sovereign people, is still the newest and most unique idea in all the long history of man's relation to man. This is the issue of this election. Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves. ~Ronald Reagan


"I will not trash talk. I will not be a divider in chief or an agitator in chief. I won't be out there blowharding, talking a big game without backing it up. I think the next president needs to be a lot quieter but send a signal that we're prepared to act in the national security interests of this country — to get back in the business of creating a more peaceful world."

[Silence, Grass Grows, Paint Dries, The Earth Spins.]
"Please clap."

~Jeb! Bush, February 2nd, 2016



No comments:

Post a Comment