Wednesday, September 23, 2026

I Have Friends Everywhere (Scenes From The Fall, Five.)

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast.

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven.

And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.

And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

If any man have an ear, let him hear.

He that leads into captivity shall go into captivity: he that kills with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he speaks as a dragon.

And he exercises all the power of the first beast before him, and causes the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed.

And he doeth great wonders, so that he makes fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men,

And deceive them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

And he caused all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads:

And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. ~Revelation 13, King James Bible.

...

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it on to our children in the bloodstream. The only way they can inherit the freedom we have known is if we fight for it, protect it, defend it, and then hand it to them with the well fought lessons of how they in their lifetime must do the same. And if you and I don't do this, then you and I may well spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it once was like in America when men were free. ~Ronald Reagan

So, apparently, even Karl Rove is pissed off and voting Democratic now. And, apparently, even Fox News isn't servile enough for Trump and the rest of his merry band of motherfuckers, and hell, Fox News quit the press pool in solidarity with CNN. Think about that for a second. Apparently Kevin Hassett AKA Punchy McPunchFace, the Human Capital Stock Guy from 2020 (R-Choeung Ek) called FOX News "Far Left." Excuse me? Wut?

So Trump's starting his own network...as a streaming service for $15 a month?

#1 I think These Fucking People are relying just a little too much on Trump Cultism.

#2 They see they're losing, so they're openly planning on killing Americans.

Anyway, Welcome to the Rebellion, Karl. I have friends everywhere.

We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.

I don't think this is gonna work out the way these idiots think it's gonna work out. A lot of them seem to think that they can just kill people, or do whatever they want, and somehow nobody's gonna fight back. Or they think they can tell a few utterly childish lies and somehow get away with it. None of this ever works that way.

Some pinch-faced old dude shot and killed a Latina in Delaware. She was walking across a field with her kids and her partner. He tried to say he thought she was a deer. Just one little problem with that, it's nowhere near firearm deer season in Delaware. I live in Michigan, even archery deer season doesn't start for another couple weeks. And I mean, literally, one of the first five rules of firearms safety is know what the fuck you're shooting at and what's downrange of it and you in any case.

Keep your finger off the trigger. Keep your weapon pointed in a safe direction. Do not point your weapon at anything you do not intend to shoot. Know what is downrange of you. Clearly identify your target before you fire your weapon. I could go on!

There are no accidents with weapons. And I'll note if you see dudes treating firearms as toys they are almost always Republicans.

No one should need me to tell them this stuff. I can't even talk the way these people talk.

And I wouldn't want to if I had the capability.

Maybe some prison Ministry will Deliver this asshole from his Demons, maybe not. In which case I also feel sorry for the damned Demons.

Either way, have fun in hell, motherfucker.

You shot a woman in cold blood in front of a bunch of witnesses, that's about as slam dunk as it gets, especially in a state like Delaware, which kept Joe Biden in the Senate long enough that he pretty much came with the building as far as modern American politics is concerned.

[After Beecher moves into Schillinger's cell]
Vernon Schillinger: You're not a Jew, are you?
Tobias Beecher: Me? Jewish? I don't even like Barbara Streisand.
Vernon Schillinger: You like my tattoos?
Tobias Beecher: Yeah.
Vernon Schillinger: We're gonna have to get you one.
Tobias Beecher: [laughs] I don't think so.
Vernon Schillinger: Oh, yeah, I'm gonna brand you myself.
Tobias Beecher: Livestock gets branded.
Vernon Schillinger: [chuckles] Livestock. Yeah, that's exactly what you are, my livestock. Because now, Tobias. Your ass belongs to me.
~From the HBO series Oz S1.E1 "The Routine."

Speaking as a former Republican here, at this point I don't even get what These Fucking People thought the endgame was.
Unless of course destruction and disintegration was the goal.
Which is exactly what I've been saying it was for over 20 fucking years now, and I was thinking that for more like 30-35 years.
And the thing is, about the only people this shit 100% worked on was (naturally) their own political movement because apparently some Republicans will just follow along with about anything.
As long as they get a chance to be bigoted and harm others. They don't care about anything else, not even their own freedom or lives.
If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth.
And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except to sovereign people, is still the newest and most unique idea in all the long history of man's relation to man. This is the issue of this election. Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves. ~Ronald Reagan
At least, until it hits them square in the wallet. 
Don't forget that part.
Trump has pretty much been undone by the escalating cost of everything, but most especially high gas prices and the constant appeals to partisan loyalty and "Patriotic sacrifice" and shit just aren't working.
I mean, the thing is, for stuff like that there has to be a clear goal and a logical endgame and we've had neither for about 25 years.
My cousin, then an active-duty US Marine serving in a combat zone sent me a picture (Yes, an actual hardcopy photograph) from Afghanistan in 2002. It was of a firebase graffiti. "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war. America is at the Mall." 
I still have it somewhere.
The trouble is, when America can't be at the Mall anymore because the Mall is closed and most of us can't afford to buy much anyway that gets real hard to sustain. You can't build a whole system based on distractions and then price the distractions out of most people's reach and have that shit keep working.
Almost the Point of the Global War On Terror was that it, for the most part, bit no one in the ass on a daily basis except for serving military members. The only people other than that who saw the effects were those of us who were paying deliberate attention, veterans or not, whether liberal or conservative and most of the stuff we tried to warn people about just got blew off...until just this last couple years.
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. ~Ezekiel 16:49-50 (NIV)
Same for those of us trying to warn people about Evangelical Dominionism, and I've been on that subject for 25 years too, on either side of the political spectrum because there sure as shit ain't anything conservative about it either.
Now people can see.
Turns out Americans don't like being Colonized or Occupied either
And no amount of "Partisan" loyalty seems to be able to cover for or hide that fact. 
Who knew??
I knew. A lot of us knew.
More to the point, and especially considering my job, it's very, very damned interesting just who is complaining vs. who is just trying to get through this. 
It's mostly been the obvious conservatives that are the ones losing their shit about it. Everybody else from the liberals to the unaffiliated is just trying to plow through this and vote the fuckers out and hope the fuck we can figure out what to do from there.
Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. ~George Orwell, 1984. 
And apparently, the Evangelical religion is fine with this bullshit.
No, I don't really consider Evangelicalism to be Christian anymore. 
They chose Trump.
I'll note and not for the first time today that all these religious nuts are also fine with constantly fucking each other over.
I got into a discussion before I got the 2 hours of sleep that's apparently all I was getting tonight about the song "Choosin' Texas" by Ella Langley and very few people seem to have heard it or heard of her, yet she's somehow had that song at #1 for long enough to replace Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" for how long it was #1.
Not that I cared about that fucking song either, it's only been overplayed like fuck around the holidays for 32 years.
Ella's Wikipedia entry was standard not-very-descriptive cardboard cutout, but did point out she's an Evangelical.
So this is *Checks Notes* probably more pandering to that fucking garbage.
Like it's probably the same small bunch of people streaming the shit out of that song, but they're stacking the count to pander to These Fucking People. 
And by the way, that's the people who think that shit is some kind of great song anyway, it's probably just partisan loyalty. I watched the video and was completely unimpressed.
The Holy Quran says it, "Pilgrimage to the House [of God built by the prophet Abraham] is a duty men owe to God; those who are able, make the journey." (3:97) Allah said: "And proclaim the pilgrimage among men; they will come to you on foot and upon each lean camel, they will come from every deep ravine" (22:27). Every one of the thousands at the airport, about to leave for Jeddah, was dressed this way. You could be a king or a peasant and no one would know. Some powerful personages, who were discreetly pointed out to me, had on the same thing I had on. Once thus dressed, we all had begun intermittently calling out "Labbayka! (Allahumma) Labbayka!" (Here I come, O Lord!) Packed in the plane were white, black, brown, red, and yellow people, blue eyes and blond hair, and my kinky red hair -- all together, brothers! All honoring the same God, all in turn giving equal honor to each other. . . .That is when I first began to reappraise the "white man." It was when I first began to perceive that "white man," as commonly used, means complexion only secondarily; primarily it described attitudes and actions. In America, "white man" meant specific attitudes and actions toward the black man, and toward all other non-white men. But in the Muslim world, I had seen that men with white complexions were more genuinely brotherly than anyone else had ever been. That morning was the start of a radical alteration in my whole outlook about "white" men. ~Malcolm X.
Like I said, I think these people have gotten too comfortable and relied too much on Trump's political cultism.
And by definition that cannot keep going forever, even if it was working, which it isn't.
So they're falling back on bigotry.
But at this point, nobody believes their constant fearmongering about transgender people.
Communism hasn't been a thing since 1989.
Most people know that Muslims are only like 2% of the population and nobody's trying to implement "Sharia Law" which would be unconstitutional in any case under the 1st Amendment.
Republicans "Needed our vote" but they didn't need it enough to give a shit about anybody except themselves.
I have friends who are transgender and all type of other LGBT. My partner is bisexual, the kiddo is a lesbian. I can't go along with this horseshit.
More to the point, honestly, most of us are too tired to care.
I mean, I get that the Republican ideal is basically the Killing Fields of Khmer Rouge Cambodia but with a Mall.
I can't afford to die.
And if we all get through this, we have a future.
I have to keep myself going and help keep my partner and the kiddo afloat and even if I was of the inclination to be hateful towards some other random group of people I don't have the energy or the time. I'm not rich enough to be in politics and do this for a living nor chronically unemployed and lacking in character enough to be an "Influencer" so what's even the damn point.
From daydreams on the road there was no waking. He plodded on. He could remember everything of her save her scent. Seated in a theatre with her beside him leaning forward listening to the music. Gold scrollwork and sconces and the tall columnar folds of the drapes at either side of the stage. She held his hand in her lap and he could feel the tops of her stockings through the thin stuff of her summer dress. Freeze this frame. Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned. ~From Cormac McCarthy's The Road (Book.)
Republicans have, to a great extent, created the Burnout Nation they always wanted. 
They forgot, however, to not make us hate them in the process. They forgot we could draw strength from each other and still keep going. They forgot (repeatedly, despite us doing it) that we had agency and could protect ourselves and those we love.
It's Republicans who hated the future and Other People and thus don't even seem to care if they have a future or anybody who will give a shit about them in it.
The whole mess is coming tumbling down like the walls of Jericho.
And at this point, that's not my fucking problem. These Fucking People threw me and any of my concerns overboard in 2008 if not before.
And so tomorrow, as we take the campaign South and West, as we learn that the struggles of the textile workers in Spartanburg are not so different than the plight of the dishwasher in Las Vegas; that the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of L.A.; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people, we are one nation. And, together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story, with three words that will ring from coast to coast, from sea to shining sea: Yes, we can. ~Barack Obama
Oh yes, I remember. And I remember why.
And I still say it's going to come down to a fight to stop this bullshit.
If only because that's what they want.
You either believe in freedom or you don't.
Welcome to the Rebellion.

Слава Україна!

My black face fades,
hiding inside the black granite.
I said I wouldn't
dammit: No tears.
I'm stone. I'm flesh.
My clouded reflection eyes me
like a bird of prey, the profile of night slanted against morning. 

I turn this way—the stone lets me go.
I turn that way—I'm inside
the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
again, depending on the light
to make a difference.
I go down the 58,022 names,
half-expecting to find
my own in letters like smoke. 

I touch the name Andrew Johnson; 
I see the booby trap's white flash.
Names shimmer on a woman's blouse
but when she walks away
the names stay on the wall.
Brushstrokes flash, a red bird's
wings cutting across my stare.
The sky. A plane in the sky.
A white vet's image floats
closer to me, then his pale eyes
look through mine. I'm a window.
He's lost his right arm
inside the stone. In the black mirror
a woman’s trying to erase names:
No, she's brushing a boy's hair.
~Facing It, by Yusef Komunyakaa, US Army Veteran

"I will not trash talk. I will not be a divider in chief or an agitator in chief. I won't be out there blowharding, talking a big game without backing it up. I think the next president needs to be a lot quieter but send a signal that we're prepared to act in the national security interests of this country — to get back in the business of creating a more peaceful world."

[Silence. A lone bugler plays Taps.]
"Please clap."

~Jeb! Bush, February 2nd, 2016


The wind whispers of fear and hate. The war has killed love. And those that confess to the Angkar are punished, and no one dare ask where they go. Here, only the silent survive. ~Dith Pran, The Killing Fields


No comments:

Post a Comment