~The Mandalorian, Episode 2, Chapter Eight, "The Rescue."
...
Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen. ~Ezekiel 16:49-50 (NIV)
...
And so tomorrow, as we take the campaign South and West, as we learn that the struggles of the textile workers in Spartanburg are not so different than the plight of the dishwasher in Las Vegas; that the hopes of the little girl who goes to a crumbling school in Dillon are the same as the dreams of the boy who learns on the streets of L.A.; we will remember that there is something happening in America; that we are not as divided as our politics suggests; that we are one people, we are one nation. And, together, we will begin the next great chapter in the American story, with three words that will ring from coast to coast, from sea to shining sea: Yes, we can. ~Barack Obama
I keep seeing this shit.
Republicans losing their shit because somebody *Checks Notes* mentioned Trump diaper-changer Natalie Harp in public.And then they started calling comments about little miss Nastily Harp "Attacks on women's rights."
Hold on, No. Fuck You.
First off, she has the right to do whatever she wants. As a public figure (She used to be on News Max) she doesn't have the right to do it without public opinion.
I support women's rights all day, my partner wouldn't tolerate anything less.
But I still get to have an opinion.
I mean for fuck's sake I remember when if somebody did a crime or had a scandal or even did something shady or that even a significant plurality of people regarded as immoral or questionable, it could be front page news!
Anybody remember the Monica Lewinsky scandal??
Second, how is anything of the sort "Liberated?" or emblematic of "Freedom?"
I'm very, very tired of the idea that freedom or rights depend on *Checks Notes Again* Proximity To Donald Trump.
And, I mean, I get it, hypocrisy.
Republicans love all that "Woke" shit, Women's Lib and Women's Rights, but only for themselves.
Yeah, as a former Republican and current non-Republican, fuck all that.
No one's rights or level of societal empathy should depend on Which Political Party They Belong To. Period.
Much less on all the other shit these hypocritical assholes want to attach to all that. No. Fuck You.
Again, you either believe in freedom or you don't.
I'm not a lawyer or a social worker, so I reserve the right to make value judgments. It's a basic component of morality and society. There has to be a baseline.
Sorry, I used to be a conservative Republican myself. Apparently what I was taught is different from what it is now.
And as a self-identified conservative Democrat, yes, I absolutely stand by what I said about this Natalie Harp thing. I don't give a fuck if Trump is having an affair. I think it's disgusting, and I wouldn't approve of that anymore than I approved of Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky (and for the same reason.) But it's his business.Personally, I don't need or want to know the details. Because Ew.
That said, Either your vows, your Word, is good or it isn't.
Fundamentally that's what shit like this is about, to me.
Period.
I know beliefs like that aren't popular anymore. I don't care.
And yes, I absolutely reserve the right to mock the shit out of Nancy Mace for the apparent start of her OnlyFans phase.
Again, whatever, it's not my thing.
Personally, Ew.
We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.
But I don't think even a newly-former member of Congress should be taking photos like that and I can remember when something like this would have been a scandal by itself.
She can do what she wants.I have the right to be disgusted.
I have the right to not like you.
I have the right to not wanna see that.
I have the right to stand by what I said just the other day about Nancy Mace being willing to do literally whatever it takes to get herself in front of a camera, standards be damned.
And if you don't like my opinion, you have the right to say so, and I have the right to tell you to fuck off.
Or you have the right to just ignore it.
And I'll note that if AOC or one of the Obama daughters was taking pictures like that, the same people encouraging Nancy Mace or Nastily Harp would be flipping a bitch about it.
Actual morality doesn't give a fuck about your fake outrage and partisanship and doesn't approve of XYZ when you do it either.
As a 1990's Republican, I used up a lot of ink and electrons and time being against moral relativism and situational ethics.
I remember being pissed off for days about Democrats basically constantly trying to redefine the word "Is" so that if she wasn't under Slick Willie's podium like the streetwalker in Police Academy when Commandant Lassarde was giving his speech, nothing happened.
30-35 years later the biggest practitioners of such things are *Looks Around. Yep* Republicans.
Why is it OK when Republicans do it??
And that pisses me off.
You don't get to do the wrong, and then demand sympathy for having done it.
I'm so tired of this bullshit.
The question is, why aren't you??
Слава Україна!
The Holy Quran says it, "Pilgrimage to the House [of God built by the prophet Abraham] is a duty men owe to God; those who are able, make the journey." (3:97) Allah said: "And proclaim the pilgrimage among men; they will come to you on foot and upon each lean camel, they will come from every deep ravine" (22:27). Every one of the thousands at the airport, about to leave for Jeddah, was dressed this way. You could be a king or a peasant and no one would know. Some powerful personages, who were discreetly pointed out to me, had on the same thing I had on. Once thus dressed, we all had begun intermittently calling out "Labbayka! (Allahumma) Labbayka!" (Here I come, O Lord!) Packed in the plane were white, black, brown, red, and yellow people, blue eyes and blond hair, and my kinky red hair -- all together, brothers! All honoring the same God, all in turn giving equal honor to each other. . . .That is when I first began to reappraise the "white man." It was when I first began to perceive that "white man," as commonly used, means complexion only secondarily; primarily it described attitudes and actions. In America, "white man" meant specific attitudes and actions toward the black man, and toward all other non-white men. But in the Muslim world, I had seen that men with white complexions were more genuinely brotherly than anyone else had ever been. That morning was the start of a radical alteration in my whole outlook about "white" men. ~Malcolm X.
And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.
And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.
And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword.
And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.
And when he had opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth beast say, Come and see.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:
And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?
And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellow-servants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.
And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casts her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.
And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.
And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;
And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:
For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?
~Revelation 6, KJV.
No comments:
Post a Comment