Tuesday, July 21, 2026

The Killing Fields (Repent! Sunshine! edition.)

The wind whispers of fear and hate. The war has killed love. And those that confess to the Angkar are punished, and no one dare ask where they go. Here, only the silent survive. ~Dith Pran, The Killing Fields.

...

Agnew was right. The press is a gang of cruel f****ts. Journalism is not a profession or a trade. It is a cheap catch-all for fuck-offs and misfits—a false doorway to the backside of life, a filthy piss-ridden little hole nailed off by the building inspector, but just deep enough for a wino to curl up from the sidewalk and masturbate like a chimp in a zoo-cage. ~Hunter S. Thompson

...

When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats:
And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

For I hungered, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungered, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:
For I hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:
I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.
Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?
Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
~Matthew 25:31-45

...

And when Alexander saw the breadth of his domain, he wept...for there were no more worlds to conquer. Benefits of a classical education. ~Hans Gruber, from the film Die Hard.

I saw this last night.

Some idiotic dumb-blonde Fox News contributor talking shit about people who wear glasses.

I wear glasses. My Mom wears glasses. My Partner wears glasses. See where this is going?? 

(Also, it's called aging, you Fucking Nimrod.)

Every time These Fucking People start talking shit about people who wear glasses, my mind flashes back to the fact that the Khmer Rouge killed people who wore glasses. Worse, the dipshit they got to say this has the weirdly improbably surname of "Sunshine."

What in the 1984 is this fucking bullshit??

And I've been saying since 2020 and COVID-19 that These Fucking People's ideal world is basically the Killing Fields of Khmer Rouge Cambodia, but with a Mall and an Applebee's.

Also last night, Hunter Biden of all people coined the term "Closetocracy" to describe all these closeted weirdos like Pete Keg-Breath in the current Republican Party and the Trump administration and how they have an omnicidal hatred of everything because they can't be who they wanna be.

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. ~George Orwell, 1984.

It fits, it sits. 

I'm a former Republican, I've known guys like that. Yes, it's literally always "Men" every single fucking time.

Sure, It's bullshit in reality, but obviously These Fucking People don't give a fuck about reality. They seem to want to be this way.

In fact the same people who were all about Q-Anon when COVID-19 was raging in 2020, when it came out via the Epstein files that it was Power in the personages of Trump and all his rich friends that were killing, raping and eating them...the majority of the Q-Bots just went mysteriously silent and decided to ignore the whole thing, apparently.

I couldn't do it. But then that's why I'm not a Republican anymore.

Watch ye therefore: for ye know not when the master of the house comes, at evening, or at midnight, or at the cock-crowing, or in the morning, ~Mark 13:35

Funny that Hunter Biden tells the truth a lot more than alleged media people do, ain't it??

I'm a former Republican, but I also was never one of those homophobic idiots and my whole thing is, it's 2026 and there's no legit reason to be that way anymore. 

Just be what you are and nobody but religious nuts and a few Republicans will care. If you're one of those people and you happen to be gay...well there's nothing saying you have to believe that crap except the people whose influence and wealth depends on pushing exactly that kind of crap

You can change, you can believe something else if you want. You can make a space for yourself where you can Believe and still be who you really are. 

God created you that way.

And you're NOT required to listen to them.

There's plenty of LGBT Christians out there, some of them are even conservative. My partner manages it, and she's not like this.

From daydreams on the road there was no waking. He plodded on. He could remember everything of her save her scent. Seated in a theatre with her beside him leaning forward listening to the music. Gold scrollwork and sconces and the tall columnar folds of the drapes at either side of the stage. She held his hand in her lap and he could feel the tops of her stockings through the thin stuff of her summer dress. Freeze this frame. Now call down your dark and your cold and be damned.

~From Cormac McCarthy's The Road (Book.)

And we're tired of this shit, from different angles, but we're tired of this shit.

You notice two things here?

The Trump administration is stocked with a fuck-ton of loser Republican candidates whose only reason for being in government or having any relevance at all is *Checks Notes* Trump. And, who would be filing papers or flipping burgers without Trump.

These are the people the Kid calls "Trump Dick Riders."

There's a reason they are that way and it ain't 'cause they're smart.

And now these Chuckle-fucks are trying to defend Andrew Tate.

(Which probably means he goes down faster.)

In case you thought any of These Fucking People had any kind of plausible deniability when it comes to sex-trafficking, they're trying to defend a *Checks Notes Again* admitted and convicted and publicly known sex-trafficker from extradition, to a country that's famously ruthless about getting whatever it wants.

And I'm sure Sunshine! will defend that, too, even though there's no real benefit for anybody in protecting this CHUD.

We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.

Like I keep saying, I can't even talk the way these people talk, and I used to be a Republican.

But then, again, I'll note that pretty much anybody who believes in anything other than that Power has an unqualified "Right" to eat you anytime it damn well feels like it or believes in anything other than Power and Submission has been run out of the Republican Party.

Seems like a hell of a way to live. Again, I couldn't do it.

We have too many men of science, too few men of God. We have grasped the mystery of the atom and rejected the Sermon On The Mount. The world has achieved brilliance without conscience. Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants. We know more about war than we know about peace, more about killing than we know about living. ~General Omar Bradley

Even (perhaps especially) as a conservative Republican I believed the Power of the State should be limited and that citizens should look after their own interests and government should be responsible to and for the People, all of them, not just the ones it "likes" at any given moment, and not only governments but individuals and societies should honor their debts.

I mean, come on, you can find all this stuff in the Bible too if you really want to get technical about it. But of course the "Christian Nationalists" and Religious Right types only want to fall back on that stuff when they can use it to harm others.

Because to them, that and enriching themselves are all that Power is even for.

And then they have the balls to wonder why an increasing majority of people don't want to have anything to do with this fucking garbage?!

I'm just sayin' it's funny how These Fucking People keep losing their shit about Zohran Mamdani pretty much doing more so far than the last three NYC Mayors have done (and now also losing their shit about the Democratic Socialists of America) when all they're really doing or advocating for is basic maintenance of a society for like 99% of its people.

It's funny how so much of American Media and "Pop Culture" is apparently wound up in right-wing bullshit. It's especially funny in light of the fact that I spent most of my life hearing "Conservatives" decry both of those things, day in and day out, apparently for not being right-wing enough.

Well now y'all gonna find out, ain't ya??

Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. ~Matthew 3:2

Just sayin' I know a hell of a lot of Republicans that wear glasses, too, including (especially) a lot of those Republicans, since most of them were in fact, old. Gonna guess they won't be too eager to line up for the Killing Fields when Sunshine! starts lying about them, too.

(And she will, because that's what these kind of people do.)

You either believe in freedom or you don't.

And at the rate the rhetoric is going, if I was ya'll, America, I'd start getting right with whatever Gods y'all believe in and I don't mean Republican Jesus.

Слава Україна!

Well, I coulda' been an actor, but I wound up here

I just have to look good, I don't have to be clear

Come and whisper in my ear

Give us dirty laundry

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're down

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're down

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em when they're down

Kick 'em when they're up

Kick 'em all around

We got the bubble-headed bleached-blonde, comes on at five

She can tell you 'bout the plane crash with a gleam in her eye

It's interesting when people die

Give us dirty laundry ~Don Henley, Dirty Laundry

Six

Cassian Andor: Kino. Tell them what to do. It has to be you. Come on, Kino. You do this every day. Tell them what to do.

Kino Loy: [presses PA system] My name is Kino Loy. I'm the day shift manager on Level Five. I'm speaking to you from the command center on Level Eight. We are, at this moment, in control of the facility.

Andor: Is that the best you got?

Loy: How long we hang on, how far we get, how many of us make it out, all of that is now up to us. We have deactivated every floor in the facility. All floors are cold. Wherever you are right now, get up, stop the work. Get out of your cells, take charge and start climbing. They don't have enough guards and they know it. If we wait until they figure that out, it'll be too late. We will never have a better chance than this and [looks at Cassian, knowing he said it] "I would rather die trying to take them down than giving them what they want." We know they fried a hundred men on Level Two. We know that they are making up our sentences as we go along. We know that no one outside here knows what's happening. And now we know, that when they say we are being released, we are being transferred to some other prison to go and die, and that ends today! There is one way out. Right now, the building is ours. You need to run, climb, kill! You need to help each other. You see someone who's confused, someone who is lost, you get them moving and you keep them moving until we put this place behind us. There are 5,000 of us. If we can fight half as hard as we've been working, we will be home in no time. One way out!

[repeats it multiple times as he leaves the command center]

Andor: Come on! Let's get out of here!

~From the series "Andor" S1 E10 "One Way Out."


I'd say "Repent" but I don't really wanna follow up this clip with anything involving the phrase "at hand." What the fuck is wrong with people?

No comments:

Post a Comment