Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Slaves Of The Caesars IV. (American Revelation XIV, Three.)

Daniel Plainview: I did what your brother couldn't. I broke you and I beat you. It was Paul who told me about you. He's the prophet. He's the smart one. He knew what was there. He found me to take it out of the ground. You know what the funny thing is? Listen, listen, listen! I paid him $10,000 cash in hand, just like that. He has his own company now — prosperous little business — three wells producing $5000 a week. Stop crying, you sniveling ass! Stop your nonsense! You're just the afterbirth, Eli —

Eli Sunday: No...
Daniel Plainview: — that slithered out in your mother's filth. They should have put you in a glass jar on a mantelpiece. Where were you when Paul was suckling at his mother's teat, eh? Where were you? Who was nursing you, poor Eli? One of Bandy's sows? That land has been had. There’s nothing you can do about it. It’s gone, had.
Eli Sunday: If you would just —
Daniel Plainview: You lose.
Eli Sunday— take this lease, Daniel!
Daniel Plainview[yelling] Drainage! Drainage, Eli, you boy! Drained dry. I’m so sorry. Here: if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw — There it is. That's a straw, see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room, and starts to drink your milkshake. I drink your milkshake! [slurping noise] I drink it up!
Eli Sunday: Don't bully me, Daniel!
Daniel Plainview[throws Eli to the floor] Did you think your song and dance and your superstition would help you, Eli? I am the Third Revelation. I am whom the Lord has chosen. [throws bowling balls at Eli]
Eli Sunday[dodging the bowling balls] Daniel!
Daniel Plainview: Because I'm smarter than you! I'm older!
Eli Sunday: I'm your old friend, Daniel! Help me! Help me, please!
Daniel Plainview: I'm not a false prophet, you sniveling boy! I am the Third Revelation! I am the Third Revelation! I told you I would eat you!
Eli Sunday: We're family!
Daniel Plainview: I told you I would eat you up!

~From the film There Will Be Blood.
...

For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. ~Matthew 24:27

I keep hearing "Conservatives" bitch about "Anti-Christian" and "Anti-Conservative" alleged "Bigotry." I'm not seeing anything of the sort, mind you (and I used to be a Christian who did in fact keep aware of ongoing persecution of Christians around the world) but I keep hearing about it.

What I am actually seeing is "Conservatives" i.e. a loose confederacy of bigots, far-right nut-balls, fascists, racists, religious nuts, shitty little haters and various sociopaths looking to get rich off of all of the above, all hopped up on all type of imaginary grievances and attempting to persecute other people...or even people in their own groups, their own neighbors, etc. We have about a third of the population of America that's just a bunch of sad narcissistic little dickheads all mad at the world for basically no good reason and that only wants to take their hate and rage our on other people.

And they're overwhelmingly "Christian" just ask them! 

Not that the word means anything anymore since the Church cast aside all standards while looking for attention and money its own damn self. 

This was a process I saw happen.

I mean, 20 years ago it was literally anything other than "Love Thy Neighbor As Thyself."

"Hate thy neighbor" was at the heart of it.

I remember how my then-girlfriend's family...which had two disabled people in it (Her Dad was half-paralyzed from a stroke and her sister was mentally disabled) had to drive nearly an hour away from where they lived to find a decent church that would accept them. It also wasn't really fair because, if we're being honest...if it was really about any of the things the Christians say that it is...those should have been the people most welcome. Obviously, they were not.

I can see from the outside, that it's only gotten worse.

Like it's all conspiracy theories and Trump stuff now, like these fucking people have thrown Jesus out of His own religion. I know people who've lost their churches over that kind of crap.

So, is it really any wonder that American Christianity would be sympathetic to Russian authoritarianism, fascism, and attempted genocide??

More to the point, seeing what these fucking people actually do believe, as reflected in their politics, just pisses me right the fuck off.

There's a lot of motherfuckers out there, who don't want to believe in any America in which they don't get to own...or at least get to partake of the services of...slaves.

And think about it...in an Imperialistic country like Russia...what do you think the common people, the average Peasants (Russians still use these kinds of terms) really are to people like Vladimir Putin?

Back in the day Russia came right out and said the Tsar owns your ass. Putin wants to go back to that.

And the majority of them don't understand that in such a system...they'd be the slaves...although there's a large minority that's fine with that, so long as they get to be a better class of slaves than some of the other slaves are.

What's more, even worse, a lot of this right-wing "politics" is just other people, rich people, transparently trying to use these motherfuckers as a club with which to beat civilization into bloody wreckage. All these religious fools, for example, who think a Chekist like Vladimir Putin is some kind of an example of "Christian" morality or Social Conservatism are going to be in for a very rude awakening someday at the rate they're going.

The only ideology people like Putin care about is Power.

Theirs, not yours, and they aren't going to share it with you.

So, it never ceases to amaze me that so many "Conservatives" and even some alleged "Liberals" make a point of resenting any effort to push back against Power.

Because it upsets their egos, or something.

It also never ceases to amaze me, that these idiots keep undermining the entire concept of Truth...as if they never expect that they would need a floor of some kind to stand on when they have to push back against Power themselves someday.

And that's what Truth is, the only thing that gives most of us a floor to stand on to push back against Power.

Meanwhile, given that Kim Jong Un recently visited Russia, Russian State TV is running an ad campaign telling the Russians that they should be more like North Koreans, impoverished and held in total bondage to the State, among other things, and the Putin government thinks this is what Russians should be like??

I mean, technically this kind of crap is the End State of all Authoritarianism, but fuck, they just come right out and say it.

And, wait a minute, aren't American "Conservatives" constantly trying to call other people "Communists" now?

You fuckers might want to look in the mirror, and look at what you're supporting, and who's supporting you.

I'm a citizen, not a peasant. I served to defend America and its Constitution, not some bullshit political or racial order. America is based on citizenship, not on the idea of patronage from some ruler.

And don't you dare forget that, because there's going to be a test. It's going to come down to a fight.

Soon.

We have to be prepared.

And this? This ain't it, yo.

"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride."

~Volodymyr Zelenskyy, allegedly 25 February 2022, Associated Press
Слава Україна!



When I am dead, bury me
In my beloved Ukraine,
My tomb upon a grave mound high
Amid the spreading plain,
So that the fields, the boundless steppes,
The Dnieper's plunging shore
My eyes could see, my ears could hear
The mighty river roar.
When from Ukraine the Dnieper bears
Into the deep blue sea
The blood of foes ... then will I leave
These hills and fertile fields --I'll leave them all and fly away
To the abode of God,
And then I'll pray .... 
But until that day I know nothing of God
Oh bury me, then rise ye up
And break your heavy chains
And water with the tyrants' blood
The freedom you have gained.
And in the great new family,
The family of the free,
With softly spoken, kindly word
Remember also me.

~Taras Shevchenko

...




No comments:

Post a Comment