Friday, September 15, 2023

Killer Whores (American Revelation XIV, One.)

Eli Sunday: Daniel, I'm asking if you'd like to have business with the Church of the Third Revelation in developing this lease on young Bandy's thousand acre tract. I'm offering you to drill on one of the great undeveloped fields of Little Boston!  

Daniel Plainview: I'd be happy to work with you.
Eli Sunday: You would? Yes, yes, of course. That’s wonderful.
Daniel Plainview: But there is one condition for this work.
Eli Sunday: All right.
Daniel Plainview: I'd like you to tell me that you are a false prophet. I'd like you to tell me that you are, and have been, a false prophet, and that God is a superstition.

~From the film There Will Be Blood.
...

We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world, a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we'll kill you. Who does vote for these dishonest shitheads? 

Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking half-wits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush? They are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill gooks. They speak for all that is cruel and stupid and vicious in the American character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us; they are the Ku Klux Klan. I piss down the throats of these Nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck them. 

~Hunter S. Thompson.

I saw this earlier today.

Some idiot Evangelical preacher calling for the deaths of "Abortion doctors" as well as of women who have abortions.

Whatever happened to "Thou Shalt Not Kill?"

I'm not even sure an hour went by, and then I saw this next bit. South Dakota governor Kristi Noem had a years-long affair with Trump's former campaign manager, Corey Lewandowski.

Seriously??

Noem constantly touts "Traditional Marriage."

I guess that's in the "Traditional" sense of nobility from Ancient Rome to Victorian Britain, who constantly fucked around on their spouses, and as long as no one got caught or tried to legitimize any issue from it, or marry a commoner, it was all good??  

Fuck, leave it to Republicans to make it look like Trump has integrity by comparison, Jesus Christ.

If you have any degree of conventional morality, I'd hope you find this shit as disgusting as I do.

Suppose Corey had gotten Kristi pregnant??

(Of course it's always "different" for "elites.")

How, exactly, would that fit in with these fucking people's murderous take on abortion??

(Sound of Crickets chirping.)

Ah, yes, it's always debauchery for me (without consequences) but not for thee.

If you're not rich, white, the [right kind of] "Conservative" and performatively "Christian" and Straight, we'll find every possible way to punish you for doing what you want or having a loving relationship.

Seriously, if this shit is these fucking people's idea of "Tradition" I do not want to see the first Republican incest scandal...'cause ya know, since they wanna be all "Traditional" and shit, keeping power and wealth in families was pretty "Traditional" for the upper class, too.

(Shit like this is why all the European royal families are related, fun fact, it all traces back to one dude, too.)

And I'm sorry, but at this point I wouldn't put much of anything past these absolute motherfuckers.

They seem to be stuck on the idea of a race to the moral bottom of some kind of infinite Black Hole of abysmal morality.

But ya know, since Republicans want to be all "Traditional" and shit...and since they seem hell-bent on starting a war with Mexico...maybe they should ask the French, or perhaps the House of Habsburg, how military adventurism in Mexico tends to actually work out??

Pro-Tip: It doesn't end well.

Upon the French withdrawal and the restoration of the Mexican Republic (which never actually surrendered to the French, whose control was never recognized by anybody else) President Benito Juarez had Emperor Maximilian I executed by firing squad.

Unlike America, the Mexicans have no issues with simply putting the bad guys up against a wall and shooting them when they lose.

Americans, who tend to get bored easily and expect conflicts to be over quickly...especially Republicans who think all this shit is a game...would be well advised to stay the fuck out.

Because the Mexicans will win.

And they'll do it for a lot cheaper than however much money you poured down that rabbit hole.

And it's funny how even when it comes to racism (Because really, what else was all that "Build the Wall" BS, anyway?) it's all a scam and these fucking people don't actually care about much else.

And then you get people like Mike Pence, who (too late) wonder how the hell they lost their Party.)

I know how. Motherfucker didn't pay attention to the other motherfuckers.

Then he wondered why he got out-motherfucker-ed.

And while Mike Pence and Mitt Romney and a few other motherfuckers waxed all high-minded and poetic about making America a more conservative country, while certain Evangelicals dreamed of making America be more Christian...how did that actually work out, anyway?? 

Let's see. Their voter base thought everyone else was going to have to turn into miserable bastards like themselves, then got mad when we didn't, then tried to burn down America when they lost. 

After that, they built Golden Idols of Trump that people at CPAC literally worshiped...and the base both posthumously and retroactively excommunicated all previous Republican Presidents from The Party.

Hold the fuck on, does any of this actually sound...conservative to you?? 

'Cause it sure doesn't to me.

Doesn't sound like it does to Mike Pence either, but it's a little sad that he's only just now realizing what his Party has become.

And I have no sympathy. Like, bro, you were there, same as the rest of us and with a closer vantage point than most.

The thing is, this right here is the reality of what the modern Republican Party is, Lauren Boebert and her date, all over each other at what was supposed to be an all-ages show of Beetlejuice; The Musical, with kids in the audience and everything.

I thought it was just acting like an all-around jackass, drunk, singing, taking pictures and shit, and vaping around a pregnant woman. But no, Blowbert had to absolutely live up to all her nicknames and be the audience member from hell. On the one hand, I'm glad they kicked her out. And, I think it's hilarious that she tried "Do you know who I am?!" on the way out.

On the other hand, it pisses me off that this kind of shit wasn't automatically career-ending like it would have been 20 or likely even ten years ago.

See, no matter how religious and fake-traditional they talk, Republicans only give a shit about three things, cruelty, pleasuring themselves (preferably at the expense of somebody else) and stealing.

And then they wonder why they lose.

Or in the case of Evangelical conservative Republicans like Mike Pence, they wonder how they got buttfucked and robbed by the Populists, the Russians and the Sedevacantists.

Well, if you want to win, (or sometimes even survive) you have to work well with other people (or even *Checks Notes* your own people.)

And that's just for starters, the reality is that it really takes a lot more than that. You can't just throw firepower and money at something long enough and hope you win. Hope isn't a strategy.

I mean, really, you have to give a shit.

And Republicans simply don't. They don't care, they don't want to.

In fact, they're so desperate to not have to give a shit that they're willing to outsource giving a shit to *Checks Notes* guys like Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin.

But for all that, I can't help feeling like it's still going to come down to a fight to get these people out of their remaining positions of power.

Because as long as they have those, they have levers they can use to divide this country.

'Cause if they break off a piece of America and get they own little Banana Republic like they seem to want to, that's exactly what it's gonna be.

A Russian Satellite state where nobody gives a shit. Indeed, where giving a shit is penalized.

Oh, it'll be "Christian" alright, and "Republican" whatever that means anymore. It'll also be nominally-ruled by people who mostly, one way or another, spend all their time fucking each other and running their alleged "nation" be damned

And then these people have the nerve to call themselves Christian Nationalists?? 

Yo, that's two lies for the price of one.

The truth is the Russians would run everything while these fucking idiots did nothing but engage in endless sexual debaucheries, play their political fuck fuck games with each other and steal anything that isn't nailed down...while hurting anybody else than they could reach.

How is any of that "Christian?"

I'll wait.

There's a reason that America is based on citizenship, not religion.

Because any time you let "Christians" have power for too long, unchecked, this kind of shit is what happens.

Because if we don't stop this shit, sooner or later these fucking people's lust for control and power is going to lead to somebody telling a crowd "It's not the Mark Of The Beast when WE DO IT" at some security and technology trade show.

Seriously, how lost do you have to be to want to be a part of this bullshit?!

This crap is the False Religion of the Beast that Revelation was talking about!

Welcome to American Revelation.


"The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride."

~Volodymyr Zelenskyy, allegedly 25 February 2022, Associated Press
Слава Україна!


Through me the way to the suffering city;
Through me the everlasting pain;
Through me the way that runs among the Lost.
Justice urged on my exalted Creator:
Divine Power made me,
The Supreme Wisdom and the Primal Love.
Nothing was made before me but eternal things
And I endure eternally.
Abandon all hope - You Who Enter Here. 
~Sign posted above the gates of Hell, Dante's Inferno

...

My black face fades,
hiding inside the black granite.
I said I wouldn't
dammit: No tears.
I'm stone. I'm flesh.
My clouded reflection eyes me
like a bird of prey, the profile of night slanted against morning. 

I turn this way—the stone lets me go.
I turn that way—I'm inside
the Vietnam Veterans Memorial
again, depending on the light
to make a difference.
I go down the 58,022 names,
half-expecting to find
my own in letters like smoke. 

I touch the name Andrew Johnson; 
I see the booby trap's white flash.
Names shimmer on a woman's blouse
but when she walks away
the names stay on the wall.
Brushstrokes flash, a red bird's
wings cutting across my stare.
The sky. A plane in the sky.
A white vet's image floats
closer to me, then his pale eyes
look through mine. I'm a window.
He's lost his right arm
inside the stone. In the black mirror
a woman’s trying to erase names:
No, she's brushing a boy's hair.
~Facing It, by Yusef Komunyakaa, US Army Veteran  

No comments:

Post a Comment