Friday, February 24, 2023

Taking Peace From The Earth (American Revelation XI, Six.)

The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all. You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." There is a point beyond which they must not advance. This is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits — not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty. ~Ronald Reagan

It's been a year now, since the Russian invasion of Ukraine started.

I wrote about it then, too.

I remember being as surprised as anyone at the effectiveness and tenacity of the Ukrainian defense. 

Knowing something of the character of these people, I'd always expected them to hold out. 

Honestly, though, I thought, especially since aside from lots of outdated Soviet weapons the main things they had going for them were Bayraktar TB2 UAV's, Javelin missiles and civilians doing drive-by hits with Molotov Cocktails...that they'd be fighting from a rump-state in the western part of the country within a couple months, just hanging on while Russian tanks paraded in Kyiv.

I have to admit I was even more disgusted and shocked when, with the war as an excuse, Russia began a rapid regression to effectively being the Soviet Union 2.0 and literally not caring what anybody thought about it.

I wasn't surprised when hundreds of thousands of Russians left the country almost immediately. I get why a lot of people wouldn't want to live under that shit. I was a Christian and a conservative for most of my life, we got the Communism horror stories in Sunday School.

What did surprise me was the American Right's craven and almost immediate embrace of the Hammer and Sickle...as if they themselves had decided over time that they were on the wrong side in our last Cold War. It's as if they decided, retroactively, that the Iron Curtain...and three generations of oppression...itself was some kind of a good thing.

No, wait, it is exactly that. Somehow, Soviet totalitarian Communism went from being the Enemy, the Devil Himself in the form of nations...to being aspirational. I'll never understand it. Hell, I don't want to.

As I said a year ago, Reagan fucking Wept.

And then these motherfuckers got mad when the Ukrainians immediately started winning the "Meme war" and rallied almost the whole damned world to their cause.

I grew up hearing tales of exactly how grim life was in the Soviet Union. Hell I spent my young-adult years reading in the newspaper how far in the weeds the Russians were at cleaning up the mess!

And maybe it's just me, but I sure as hell wouldn't want to live like that, nor would I want anybody else to have to, either.

I watched this video the other day, of a protest in front of the Russian Embassy in London where some people used washable paint to turn the street into a giant, messy Ukrainian flag. And I was struck by how, if this happened here, Republicans...you know, the so-called free-speech absolutists...would have been flipping out about it if this happened in Washington D.C. instead.

And then this week, in Florida, outright Nazis started harassing Jewish people, openly, in the middle of the goddamned street. Think about that for a second.

The response from Jewish people, liberals and Never Trump conservatives, the supposed "Left" was loud, on target and entirely predictable.

From the Right? 

Crickets.

Actually, Crickets would have been an improvement. At least Crickets make noise. So far as I know "Conservatives" have been utterly silent about this shit.

Freedom, individual rights, liberal democracy, limited government, the right to self-defense, etc. is simply not the future "Conservatives" want.
And they no longer care if we know it, either.

Indeed, they think their shitty view of people and the world is, or should be, self-evident. I have no idea where the sheer cynicism of all this even comes from, it's not what I was taught...and I mean, not ever.

It's like Republicans decided at some point "We are all Ayn Rand."

The Republican rallying cry in the face of continued Soviet onslaught in Ukraine, Ukrainian courage in resisting it, and Democratic leadership in the global response has been "Balkanization, National Divorce, Secession." 

As if they figure the best thing they can do is help the goddamned Commies and reduce the American capability to support Ukraine by reducing America itself by one-third.

And don't tell me their next step wouldn't be to join the new Eastern Bloc themselves, and place the New Red Army right on some inner-American border just to "Own The Libs" or some stupid shit.

Human rights, individual freedoms, and the rights of nations and peoples to exist without some colonizer just barging in and trying to make himself at home...are simply things that don't exist to these fucking people.

"Conservatives" think they have some kind of a right to shit all over the world if they cannot rule it. 

And I mean rule it autocratically, without anybody else having a say...or ever even having the hope of having such. 

It's like these assholes all think every last one of them is some kind of a duke or a king and that pretty much all political and social thought since the 12th century is not real.

So I suppose the reasons for them embracing Putin and Russia are self-evident after all.

And "Conservatives" are mad as hell that people are fighting back, or just doing what they want without consulting them first. Seriously, I wasn't taught to have this kind of entitled mentality, what the fuck is wrong with these people??

As I've said before, I used to be a Christian and a member of the End Times Prophecy movement.

These fucking people are the ones who look at all the shit that's going on in the world and consistently say "It's all falling into place." I wrote about this a couple days ago.

Thing is, based off the old narrative I can see why they would think that, now. But these are the people who've kicked Jesus out of his own religion and replaced Him with an unholy Trinity of Antivaxxer woo, conspiracy theories and Vladimir Putin.

And when it all does come due...when the Coming of the Son of Man is seen like the lightning striking in the East is seen even in the West? I'm here to tell you, these sons of bitches will pick the wrong side and line up against Christ Himself in their mad quest for Power...and don't you forget it.

I can't put it any more plainly than that.

And when he had opened the second seal, I heard the second beast say, Come and see.
And there went out another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword. ~Revelation 6:3-4

Слава Україна!

No comments:

Post a Comment