Thursday, September 15, 2022

Men Of Sodom (American Revelation X, Three.)

Well I'm on the Downeaster AlexaAnd I'm cruisin' through Block Island SoundI have charted a course to the vineyardBut tonight I am Nantucket bound

We took on diesel back in Montauk yesterdayAnd left this morning from the bell in Gardiner's BayLike all the locals here I've had to sell my homeToo proud to leave, I work my fingers to the bone
So I could own my Downeaster AlexaAnd I go where the ocean is deep
There are giants out there in the canyonsAnd a good captain can't fall asleep.
~Billy Joel, The Downeaster Alexa

Apparently, today, Ron DeSantis shipped a bunch of Venezuelan migrants to Martha's Vineyard. Also, these people were in Texas, not Florida, but DeSatan is apparently trying to take credit for "Shipping migrants out of Florida."

Seriously fuck these motherfuckers.

Apparently, the MAGA logic here is that somehow, "Liberals" or whoever will see these people, feel instinctive revulsion or something something Gazpacho, and then decide to vote Republican to keep them out...or something. I don't know, I'm not flexible enough to fit my head up my own ass that I might see these fucking people's point of view.

And then the MAGA idiots got mad when the people of Martha's Vineyard #1 Came together to help the migrants (to the point where people volunteering to act as translators had to be turned away) #2 Rightfully, got mad at Republicans, and not the migrants, and #3 The MAGAs were dumb enough to repetitively try and lie about it anyway and they just got called out even more.

As usual, the cruelty and the racism are the goddamned point and I'm increasingly thinking that the only way These Fucking People are ever going to stop with this kind of shit is if they start having to deal with cruelty and pain their own goddamned selves.

Like, no, if you think this is a proper thing to do to people...to upend lives more, move them further away from family members who are already here, etc. There's something wrong with you and you need to have your ass whupped. I don't give a damn. I don't think public floggings or public shaming would be out of line, here. 

This shit is not cool, and it needs to be stopped. I don't give a fuck.

Aren't these people fleeing from a country that Republicans had a giant purple hard-on for invading a few years ago when Venezuela had a food crisis and the Maduro government lost an election and then refused to recognize the guy they lost to or to transition peacefully out of power? 

I seem to remember writing about this at the time.

If Republicans were the fucking people they say they are...the Venezuelan migrants should have been the Cubans of the 21st century...and the Republican Party damned well rolling out the red carpet for them and making it easier for them to become Americans as well as its anti-Maduro bias could have turned these Venezuelan migrants into *Checks Notes* reliable Republican voters.

But apparently these days, racism and doing mean, stupid shit to people because these assholes think it's funny and can't imagine that everybody else isn't just like them is more fun, or something.

Again, if I'd ever had this kind of mentality my Mom would've put me under the house.

And then, not to be outdone, Lauren Boebert and Marjorie Taylor Greene both assaulted teenage activists and reporters today.

Like, are you fucking kidding me with this shit??

Of course, these people will fold like camping chairs the second they face the slightest threat of consequences and their own threats of violence don't work...because they're nothing but a bunch of bullies and cowardly shits.

Seriously, one of the migrants interviewed in an article that I read said the islanders had given him the first new, clean change of clothes, the first hot shower, etc. that he'd had in like 3 months.

And no, Florida did not coordinate with agencies in Massachusetts or even tell them the migrants were coming. The State deliberately inflicted pain on these people and trafficked them illegally for their asshole governor's dumbass political stunt.

And apparently a whole shit-ton of people exposed themselves to legal culpability in the process.

Aren't these Republicans supposed to be all Christian and shit??

Oh, right

Cue all the "Right Belief" arguments that ignore the fact that Jesus Himself said that faith without works is dead, love thy neighbor as thyself, and all that.

Yes, I've had this argument before, and it's always horseshit from people who simply don't want to do good works or help other people, because to them religion (or any other aspect of Life) is only any good when it's for their own pleasure or used to hurt other people.

It always basically comes down to exactly that, but they try and make it sound all religious and shit.

These fucking people invariably turn out to be the kind of people who grow up carrying a Bible around with them at school, and as they get older they go on and on about how they did everything right and got married when they were still virgins and all that shit. And then a decade later there's a big scandal, huge legal costs and worse therapy bills and you find out this dude was dry-humping his little sister the night before he told you that you were going to hell for listening to heavy metal music. And now she's pressing charges.

Josh Hawley says "Without the Bible there is no America." Well, Josh, you go right ahead and show me in the Bible where exactly the fuck it says in the Word that it's acceptable to ship the stranger a couple thousand miles away from where the fuck they're trying to be and dump them off on other people who are less cruel than your damn self.

Go ahead, I'll wait. 

And yet somehow, this shit gets worse?

Ali Alexander thinks that trying to overthrow the United States of America will make him be like rappers and shit?? You know, if I hadn't seen this myself, I wouldn't have believed it.

Again, fuck these motherfuckers.

If we ever let these fucking monstrous assholes have power again in this country, we deserve exactly what we're going to get, because they will destroy America.

And worse, they will destroy America because they think it's funny.

These fuckers are so "Conservative" that they're raiding Saul Alinsky's playbook for ideas, apparently.

Well, I'll tell you what, Josh Hawley and Ron DeSantis. I was a Christian too, for most of my life, I believed the Bible was the Word of God, too. I'm a veteran. I used to drink and golf with old retired politically-active Republican dudes. I fucking volunteered for Bush 43's presidential campaign. I voted Republican (though I was always a bit of a split-ticket, swing voter type) right up until Sarah Palin started making an absolute soup sandwich of the whole damn thing and the religious nuts thought she was some reincarnated Biblical heroine.

And what you fuckers, and Donald Trump, have turned the Republican Party into since then utterly repulses me. I mean, seriously Joe Walsh, John Boehner, Paul Ryan and so many of the rest of the Tea Party guys look like Bernie Bros compared to this shit, and some of them are actually Democratic voters now. Think on that, will ya? 

Shipping people cross-country with the express purpose of overwhelming a small area's social services and trying to offend people who you think are just as racist as you are? Then getting mad when they aren't? 

What the fuck is wrong with y'all?

I'll tell you what I think.

If you motherfuckers ever get power again, and the Lord don't rain down fire, He's going to have to apologize to the Men of Sodom. 

Because y'all way worse than anything those guys ever did.

Are there even ten righteous Republicans left?

Слава Україна!

The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all. You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." There is a point beyond which they must not advance. This is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits — not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." ~Ronald Reagan

Two


1 comment:

  1. Has there ever been a man so pathetic as TFG? Every other President has met with his replacement, shaken hands and moved on.

    ReplyDelete