Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Whatever happened to "Thou Shalt Not Kill?" (American Revelation VI: Part Five.)

 

I am the way into the city of woe. I am the way to a forsaken people. I am the way into eternal sorrow. Sacred justice moved my architect. I was raised here by divine omnipotence, primordial love and ultimate intellect. Only those elements time cannot wear are beyond me, and beyond time I stand. Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here.' ~Sign inscribed above the gates of Hell, Dante's Inferno.

I have a confession to make.

I'm goddamned sick and tired of killing.

I'm sick and tired of guns, mass murder, and Republicans worshiping barbarities like the Death Penalty that don't do one fucking thing to deter crime, but they're good for fooling the feeble-minded into believing that "Something is being done."

I'm tired of God, I'm tired of prayers, I've had it up over my head with religion and I'm sick to death of ineffectual, vain displays of religiosity being seen as a "solution" by people who aren't one even one goddamned bit interested in an actual, real-world solution to damned near any problem.

Has prayer stopped even one person from getting shot, or from dying of the virus or any of a thousand other things we do to each other? Has it brought even one of those people back to life?

I mean, really, what's the damned point, here?

For that matter, I'm tired of our increasingly atheistic, murderous conservative politics being taught as Christianity. These motherfuckers have created a Christ-less Christianity devoid of hope, redemption or spirituality, where in truth the only thing you can hope for is that you picked the right eternal "Big Bad" because if you look at the conduct of the two the only fucking difference between God and the Devil is which side you're on. Fuck, I'm so old that I can remember when a morally relativistic religion based on the Self was what conservatives accused the liberals of trying to create!

Now it's "Praise to Him, King Trump, He who treats me like a chump."

I'm tired of these chucklefuck fascist nanny-state motherfuckers who want to tell you what you can "Like" online basically telling anybody who wants to go out and murder people in a grocery store or a massage parlor or in a church or just on the fucking street "Have at it, so long as the NRA and the weapons manufacturers get their cut and I get my campaign donations.

In the end, the only thing the godless, secularized ecclesia of the modern conservative religio-industrial-political complex is really offering anybody is the chance that they might get to have their boot on somebody else's throat before they die...and after five years of Donald Trump loudly corrupting our politics, they still didn't get it.

In today's instant-gratification culture, five years is a concept well beyond Eternity.

So they mad, because they thought they were going to get to kill their imagined enemies, which is basically everybody.

Is it any wonder we've got people spiraling off into madness and murdering some motherfuckers at the grocery store?

When racism against Asian Americans was in fact openly promoted by the last President and is still being pushed by certain members of Congress, is it any wonder people get assaulted or murdered?

Don't look away, answer the fucking question.

Hell, I'm pretty sure at this point that the only reason the cops aren't trying to cover for the Boulder gun nut or act like his psychologist or say he had a bad day is that he killed a cop.

That, and he happened to have an Arabic name. He looked white as fuck to me, but I'm pretty sure just his name had FOX News starting with the usual Ooga Booga Booga routine, I mean, multiculturalism and pluralism and the world refusing to conform to right-wing racial stereotypes means anybody could be one of "Them" right?

Whoever "Them" happens to be right now. Endless paranoia is endless.

Let's not forget that hate, racism and xenophobia are components in why all this is so, too.

I'm tired of the fear, the hate, the racism, and all the rest of it too. I'm sick of the gutless, ravening fear of change, be it cultural, social, or whatever...

...Often by people who should, dead to rights based on their own life histories, not be afraid of much of anything.

I know people who's literal job it was 30 years ago, to potentially face down twenty-to-one odds in the Fulda Gap, part of an Armored Cavalry Regiment whose literal mission was to take on a Soviet Guards Army and kick its ass back into the next time zone who have been reduced to cowardly, pants-pissing fear of their own fellow Americans (most of whom don't care about them or want to do them any harm) by endless right-wing propaganda to the point where they think they have to take a gun in Walmart. Not only that, but then action movies and fake machismo and toxic masculinity make them think they have to act like they have something to prove by doing it?

(And do I really need to tell you how many of these fucking people are religious?)

If that's what they've come to, it's probably a good thing in real terms that the Cold War ended relatively peacefully. It's probably a good thing that most of these fools never had to face a crisis and a test of their convictions or morals until relatively recently.

Because to be honest, fully a third of this country's population is not only failing that test, but actively trying to drag the rest of us down into the gutter with it.

It's honestly a wonder that we don't have more shootings.

Speaking as a United States Air Force Security Forces veteran here, speaking as a person who's dealt with multiple crises, the majority of them self-inflicted, I have never felt the need to take a weapon in the store with me. I have nothing to prove, and long before those days I was taught the value of things like consistency and courage. I was taught that being a conservative meant a lot more than following whatever the party line of the moment was, or opposing whatever the liberals were doing.

In that regard it's probably no surprise that I ended up on the other side.

You cannot be afraid all the time and then flip a switch to be brave, all based on what some politician or political party wants at the time. One of these things is not like the other one.

I know somebody else, too. A lady who once endlessly waxed eloquent about dying bravely and righteously for Christ in the End Times she believed were coming who, now that we're facing a few genuine global crises, has the uninspiring life-goal of joining some Fundamentalist Christian commune in a remote part of Idaho.

Because it never was about Christ, it never was about Truth.

It was about the ego and fooling the feeble-minded so that she, and people like her, could get money and power and stuff.

I'm an Agnostic, yes.

But if you want to know why I believe in American Revelation, that's why.

Because these fucking people have taken the Lord's Word and turned it into nothing but a circus act and raised up their own Golden Image fake god to justify it all.

And anybody who's actually read the Book knows how that ends.

Peace.

Hear ye this word which I take up against you, even a lamentation, O house of Israel.

The virgin of Israel is fallen; she shall no more rise: she is forsaken upon her land; there is none to raise her up.

For thus saith the Lord God; The city that went out by a thousand shall leave an hundred, and that which went forth by an hundred shall leave ten, to the house of Israel.

For thus saith the Lord unto the house of Israel, Seek ye me, and ye shall live:

But seek not Bethel, nor enter into Gilgal, and pass not to Beersheba: for Gilgal shall surely go into captivity, and Bethel shall come to naught.

Seek the Lord, and ye shall live; lest he break out like fire in the house of Joseph, and devour it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel.

Ye who turn judgment to wormwood, and leave off righteousness in the earth,

Seek him that maketh the seven stars and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day dark with night: that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth: The Lord is his name:

~Amos 5:1-8

Part Four-Bravo

No comments:

Post a Comment