Sunday, September 15, 2019

Straight Out Of Revelation.

And they worshiped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshiped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?
~Revelation 13:4

Yesterday, I saw this.

Lou Dobbs...who has apparently turned into some kind of dead-eyed rotting automaton...saying that Trump makes the weekend possible.

I'll be 46 in November. There have been weekends all my life. I feel like it's well past ridiculous that I should even have to point this out. We owe weekends to labor activists and unions and workers who fought for that kind of stuff, not Trump.

That shouldn't even have to be said.

And it sure as hell should not be necessary. This is the kind of dictator ego-fluffing by a media figure that I thought only happened in North Korea, maybe the Soviet Union, Uganda under Amin...or perhaps Revelation.

I took Tuesday off, just because I couldn't take it and I knew I was going to spend the afternoon looking at cars. So, I spent the morning playing with ferrets instead of writing and I was glad I did. I ended up test-driving a Lincoln Town Car in a thunderstorm. So I'm pretty sure that officially makes me an old white man at this point. Anyway, my Mom found something up notrth on Thursday and so my week was primarily consumed with getting everything I needed to get a car in order. And I was too tired yesterday to write anything.

But ya know, the longer this crazy bullshit goes on...I don't know about America but I think an essential part of the Republican Party's character died on 9/11. Reason died, and was replaced by fear.

I was always taught that reason was an essential part of conservatism, without reason and some degree of empathy there's not much to keep these people from sliding backwards into the 12th century and petty hatreds, religious warfare, superstition and the worship of kings.

Conservatives are by nature followers...and thus decent behavior has to be modeled from the top down or we get this kind of mess we're in now. Some people have to be consistently told right from wrong. I kind of feel like nobody, especially on the conservative side of the fence, should need to be told that it's wrong to invite the Taliban to Camp David, especially at the start of the week of 9/11. Some things should just go without saying.

But that's the trouble isn't it? Some things just go without saying but then because nobody says them, you get a generation of selfish morons who can't or won't pick up on social cues and all the sudden you gotta start saying that kind of stuff again...or more to the point arguing that shit with people who never picked up on the most basic of home training...or mathematics, or ability to scale the small things up to the big picture. Republicans won two special elections in Deep Red congressional districts last week. North Carolina's 9th Congressional District in particular was Republican +12 in 2016, to win last year Republicans had to cheat. They got caught, people went to jail and the result was invalidated. The Republican squeaked by...by a point and a half in a +12 Red district and an absurd amount of money was spent to make it so.

You get enough "victories" like that and the defeats start piling up faster and pretty soon there isn't a Republican Party anymore.

It gets worse. Somebody apparently gave Trump the idea that he should be the arbiter of who is religious enough or who is not.

Frankly...I can't think of a better argument for atheism that I've ever heard.

But you know, what's really going on here is that Trump somehow thinks he is the State...and thus he wants to enforce worship of the State...just like his buddy Kim Jong Un has in North Korea.

Honestly, if somebody really wanted to destroy both America and its various religious subcultures, I can't think of a better way to do that than making this irreligious self-worshiping Orangutan the arbiter of faith in America.

On Tuesday, North Carolina Republicans took advantage of Democrats and moderates attendance of a 9/11 memorial service to override the governor's veto of the budget while they were away. Thus proving, of course, that Republicans don't give a fuck about Democracy.

They don't give a fuck about democracy, their own history, or anything that has gone before, and they demand that everybody else worships their current Leader, as if he were some kind of a god...while utterly ignoring the commandments of the God they've claimed to follow for all this time and in fact refusing to even acknowledge that there's anything different.

And where have we heard that one before? (Revelation)

Christians and former Christians, I'm looking at you here.

We need to vote these motherfuckers out.







No comments:

Post a Comment