Thursday, January 5, 2023

Get Bent (Left Behind Is A Lie II, Ten.)

No sympathy for the devil; keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride...and if it occasionally gets a little heavier than what you had in mind, well...maybe chalk it up to forced consciousness expansion: Tune in, freak out, get beaten. ~Hunter S. Thompson, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

I just saw this.

Apparently, yesterday during round two of the shitshow, Florida Representative Kat Cammack accused Democrats of drinking on the job.

To wit, quoting the article from Crooks & Liars:

In what feels like the eleventy bazillionth vote for the Speaker of the House, Rep. Kat Cammack took to the floor, claiming that Democrats want division. She then said that Democrats were drinking on the job.

"They want us divided. They want us to fight each other," she insisted. "That much has been made clear by the popcorn and blankets and alcohol that is coming over there."

I mean, if they are, so what

You're in a government building, not a church.

I think it needs to be said.

If I was sitting there, on the House Floor, stuck watching this goddamned shitshow, captive to the goddamn mob on the other side, you bet I'd be drinking, and smoking a blunt, and I'd be playing "Ferret Fishing" with my ferret with his snake toy and I wouldn't mind a bit if Buddha The Weasel stole somebody's shoe. I'd probably be making rude, yet suggestive comments at Lauren Boebert, too. 

You think Congressional Democrats have posted a bunch of snarky shit about this mess on social media? I can guarantee you I'd be a lot less nice about it than they are.

Yeah, go ahead and stick me in a workplace where conventional H.R. rules openly mean fuck all and then make me watch this cage full of screeching monkeys throw shit at each other and the world, I dare you! All this just to make the whole soup sandwich somewhat bearable.

If I'd ran my squad in the Air Force like you Republicans are running your Party right now, we'd all have been shitcanned faster than you could say "Administrative Discharge."

I mean, fuck, if I acted like this at my current job, I'd get bum-rushed right out the door.

But more to the point, lady, you and your party enthusiastically supported Donald Trump, who debated Hillary Clinton and gave more than one speech where he was clearly coked out of his goddamn mind. Your party has a history of tolerating all type of shit, so long as it's done by a Republican who's in good standing (Whatever that means at the time.)

The Republican Party has degenerated into such a goddamned mess you fuckers can't even select a goddamned Speaker Of The House. Don't try and act all high and mighty and moralistic about what the other side is doing when you people cannot even do your goddamned jobs at the most basic level.

My Grandpa was a retired Navy officer. Three of my uncles served in Vietnam. I was a sergeant in the United States Air Force Security Forces. I was taught from an early age not to suffer fools gladly, and I started out as a Baptist, so I can get really articulate and Biblical about not suffering said foolishness gladly.

And then you motherfuckers have the goddamned balls to try and make this seem like it's somehow the fault of the Democrats that you idiots can't get your act together?

Typical Republican, literally everything is somebody else's fucking fault. 

Seriously what the hell is wrong with you?

I mean, shit, John goddamned Boehner and Paul "Dead-eyed Granny Starver" Ryan kept things together better than this.

Grow the fuck up and do your goddamned job, or get bent, go fuck yourself, and go get a real damn job.

The martyrs of history were not fools, and our honored dead who gave their lives to stop the advance of the Nazis didn't die in vain. Where, then, is the road to peace? Well, it's a simple answer after all. You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." There is a point beyond which they must not advance. This is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said that "the destiny of man is not measured by material computation. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we are spirits — not animals." And he said, "There is something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty." ~Ronald Reagan

Слава Україна!

Nine

Think about this; think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that. ~George Carlin

No comments:

Post a Comment