Friday, April 10, 2020

Partisanship Friday (American Revelation III, Part Nine.)

Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverts the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:
No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him. I will therefore chastise him, and release him. (For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.)
And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas: (Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.) Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them.
But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.
And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed. ~Luke 23:14-23

Seriously yo, the fuck did I just say?

It's Good Friday. The day that Christians commemorate the Crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

So I'm thinking, this shit again?

You wanna tell me, why during Holy Week, Republicans forced a statewide election that the governor rescheduled because of the pandemic to go through because they wanted to try to save some penny-ante state supreme court judge on a court that's supposed to be nonpartisan?

And now I see that Trump is doling out ventilators to states based on "Do they have a vulnerable Republican running for office?"

Like I said in my previous post, I can't help these people, because of their own behavior. When all things, decency, humanity, religion and spirituality, fall before base partisanship and power...even on a day like this...I mean, the fuck?!

Doesn't there come a point where these fucking people have to look themselves in the face when they look in their bathroom mirror in the morning?!

And like I said, if people don't get it why there might be other things more than political partisanship and power, especially on a day like Good Friday, it's not just that I can't help you....I don't want to.

And more to the point, what in the hell is Trump doing doling out dinky ass quantities of ventilators and then having Senator Martha "Constituents? What constituents?" McSally praise him for it on Twitter? If I had to guess, I'm pretty sure Arizona has more than a hundred serious cases of COVID-19 right now.

Why in the hell does this motherfucker need to be praised for doing what should be his goddamned routine job in a crisis?

In fact, why in the hell are states having to beg for anything from strategic national stockpiles in the first place? It seems like, assuming we really have a strategic-level stockpile, that they should have just issued each state a few hundred extra of these things by now and it shouldn't even have merited a press release because it's their job and what we have the shit for in the first place? I mean, come on, do you have to praise the electric company when the light switch turns on, or shout out praise to Ford or General Motors when your car starts up?

Come on people, this is routine stuff here, and Republicans are making a partisan issue of this crisis and staging little dog-and-pony shows on social media for their voters who mostly aren't all that computer-savvy in the first place. I'm honestly wondering who these fools are trying to impress.

Oh, thanks Cory.

I mean, that's pretty much what I figured.

Like everything else in conservatism and the Republican Party today, all this crap is being done with an audience of one in mind.

To flatter and fluff the ego of one Donald J. Trump.

I mean, come on, doesn't it get to you all after awhile that y'all are spending such vast amounts of your time telling this dude how great he is? I mean, I guess it makes sense when you realize that Evangelicals think that God is also a narcissistic egomaniac who will require them them to praise Him endlessly for all of eternity.

But God and Trump ain't the same. You'd think that it would grate on people's nerves at least.

I know I wouldn't do it. It's not my job to kiss people's asses. I mean, seriously if you have that fragile of an ego maybe it would be better if you didn't leave the house? I don't have a lot of tolerance for this shit under normal circumstances, and I have even less tolerance for it when lives are at stake.

No, Republicans might not go after protesters or people wanting to vote with riot police or armed troops like happens in some developing countries, but hey, ya know, if a few thousand or a few million people die so they can play political games and praise Dear Leader and ratfuck their rivals, hey, who cares, they're all minorities and poor people anyway, right? Or at least, that's the rationalization.

Listen up yo, this virus doesn't care about you, your politics, or your shitty political games.

And doing this shit, treating life-saving equipment as treats to be given to supporters, is only going to get people killed even in their own states.

If you support this bullshit, I think you're going to want to dress for a warm climate in the afterlife. This is wrong, and anybody with a soul should know that.

Part Eight.

No comments:

Post a Comment