Friday, October 25, 2019

This is the day that the Lord has made...

This is the day the Lord has made;We will rejoice and be glad in it. ~Psalm 118:24

This morning, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, and others spoke at the funeral of the late Rep. Elijah Cummings.

I'd just like to point out that, if you went back in time and told younger, Republican me in 1999 that in 2019 Hillary Clinton would be preaching from the Word while Republicans had become the Cult Of Donald Trump, I'd probably have punched you right in the mouth. I certainly would not have believed you.

I'm serious.

But ya know, I suspect that Mr. Cummings, a 40-year, very active member of New Psalmist Baptist Church would have approved of her choice of words. And ya know, despite all the stuff he went through in this life, I never even heard of Elijah Cummings having anything bad to say about anyone that was not 100% deserved.

That's more than can be said for some people.

I'm a former Christian, and former conservative, and in cross-referencing this current mess from the last couple weeks with what I was taught, or what I knew then and know now to be acceptable behavior, the answer that keeps coming back is simply "That Does Not Compute."

I literally can't even recognize any of my former people anymore.

I got no further than the first post down before I saw that the idiots had already turned up.

Assuming this is a real person (which I don't) who the hell can be that angry and on point with the conspiracy theories and the partisan crap ALL the time?

Can't ya'll turn it off, even for just one half-day? A guy just died, give his funeral observance some respect. This is not cool.

And I'll tell you what, I REALLY don't like these people's lack of loyalty to, or respect for, damned near anything. It really bothers me.

But let us note the content of the moment just the same. Hillary Clinton preaches from the Word. Some idiot troll threatens her with baseless, bullshit investigations on behalf of a political party that has all but declared Trump its god.

You can't make this stuff up.

Meanwhile "Conservatives" and "Christians" piss and shit all over everything I was taught.

But more and more, just on a simple macro- sanity level, these damn people never turn it off. I had to take a break for a few days just to maintain my own sanity.

Do these people do that? I don't think so. And that bothers me.

As the Impeachment process continues and these people keep digging themselves into a variety of deeper holes, Republicans seem to be losing it, becoming frantic and unhinged.

And it's not just them, it's everywhere. We had a Transphobic incident at my work this week, and it seemed to really bother those who spoke to me about it.

I wonder why it's so hard for some people, to just see others as people.

I wonder if these assholes would be doing better if they just took a day off now and again?

These guys get the concept of self-care, and instinctively follow the 'rules' of their species.

You can't make a ferret be anything but a ferret.

However it doesn't seem to be that hard, these days, to get a human being to act like they're anything but a freaking human being.

Don't be like that. Take care of yourself and those around you. Be more like the ferrets, try to relax and enjoy life when you can.

And treat others with respect. Life is hard enough even when we're all trying to get along.

This is the day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it.

I'll guarantee you one thing, conservatives. Donald Trump could not make a day, nor even add one single minute to his miserable life.

Stop acting like he's your god.

No comments:

Post a Comment