Thursday, October 8, 2026

The Revolution Will Be Livestreamed (Two.)

 Proctor: Sir, Mahoney says this restaurant has the best salad bar in town. [They're walking down an alley, still in their police uniforms.]

Harris: Well, it damn sure better have! 

[Inside, they walk through curtains of beads and past a Bud Light neon sign.]

Harris: Proctor, I don't see a salad bar. 

Proctor: [Noticing the sign "The Blue Oyster."] Look, sir, maybe they serve seafood. 

Harris: [Slowly realizing he's in a gay bar] That's not funny, you idiot! [To Leatherman] What are you looking at, you PECKERHEAD?! 

Leatherman: Nice uniform, makes me wish I'd worn my sailor outfit. 

Harris: I'm getting out of here! Move it! Move it! [Starts to push through the crowd of gay men.]


*El Bimbo begins to play*

Harris: [Being forced to dance with Leatherman] Proctor! 

Proctor: I don't think cutting in is allowed, Sir. 
Proctor: [Being noticed by second Leatherman] Nice collar!

~From Police Academy 4: Citizens On Patrol

...

And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.

And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.

For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

Reward her even as she rewarded you, and double unto her double according to her works: in the cup which she hath filled fill to her double.

How much she hath glorified herself, and lived deliciously, so much torment and sorrow give her: for she said in her heart, I sit a queen, and am no widow, and shall see no sorrow.

Therefore shall her plagues come in one day, death, and mourning, and famine; and she shall be utterly burned with fire: for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

And the kings of the earth, who have committed fornication and lived deliciously with her, shall bewail her, and lament for her, when they shall see the smoke of her burning,

Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come. ~Revelation 18:1-10

Apparently, Republicans are getting desperate.

Weirdly so, and even in Texas. Like, apparently Trump thinks he's Davy Crockett now??

I'm old, I remember the old Disney Davy Crockett movie where the climactic scene was the fight at the Alamo. 

It wasn't some great victory, everybody died. I saw the movie and listened to the LP version enough times to still remember a fair bit of the lines all this time later.

It was the battle of Scarif from Rogue One, but for the Mexican War.

That's about the most sympathetic view I can manage. And it's really not deserved.

And if we're being honest, I'll take Disney now over Disney when the Alamo movie got made, or even in the late 1970's and early 1980's when I was watching that crap, all day and twice on Sundays.

Honestly, to me a Coonskin Cap was only ever the sort of weird of junk somebody might buy at a place like Knott's Berry Farm.

[Jyn proposes to the Alliance Council a raid on Scarif to get the Death Star plans, but runs into objections]

Tynnra Pamlo: If the Empire has this kind of power, what chance do we have?
Jyn Erso: What chance do we have? The question is what choice? Run? Hide? Plead for mercy? Scatter your forces? You give way to an enemy this evil with this much power and you condemn the galaxy to an eternity of submission. [Rebel personnel grumble in agreement] The time to fight is now! Every moment you waste is another step closer to the ashes of Jedha. ~From the film Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

I hate to sound sympathetic to that garbage, but at least back in those days conservatism had something that looked like standards. But then I'm the kind of guy who inwardly shuddered in 2000 when people said they'd rather have a beer with George W. Bush. That was never the sort of trait I gave a damn about in a leader.

"I will not trash talk. I will not be a divider in chief or an agitator in chief. I won't be out there blowharding, talking a big game without backing it up. I think the next president needs to be a lot quieter but send a signal that we're prepared to act in the national security interests of this country — to get back in the business of creating a more peaceful world."

[Silence, sound of the headboard of a bed repeatedly hitting a wall somewhere. Sheepish shrug. Silence.]

"Please clap."

~Jeb! Bush, February 2nd, 2016

And again, I'd like to point out that, right or wrong...there's no way somebody like Scott Pressler (the openly gay MAGA activist) would ever have been allowed within 100 yards of a Republican Speaker Of The House at any point in the conservatism I was raised with. In fact he'd pretty much have been told to go be a liberal or something because Republicans in them days wouldn't have wanted him.

Of course, that was (so far as I know, anyway) before GOP conventions were hives of illicit gay sex. Of course now my only objection to that is, it's 2026, why not just be open about it and accept yourself?? 

I mean so far as I'm concerned that's about the only thing Scott Pressler gets right.

But I still find it more than a little weird that Mike Johnson, of all people, is trying to claim he's some sort of a "secret weapon."

Not least because more than one local GOP gathering wouldn't let Scott in the door.

We're eventually going to find out that all these freaks are in the Epstein files, aren't we?

And that the rot goes way further down than we expect.

It's a big enough problem that even with all their power they can't hide it.

We've got to take the neighborhood back. We've got to go in there. Just forget telling your child to go to the Peace Corps. It's right around the corner. It's standing on the corner. It can't speak English. It doesn't want to speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk. "Why you ain't where you is go." I don't know who these people are. And I blamed the kid until I heard the mother talk. Then I heard the father talk. This is all in the house. You used to talk a certain way on the corner and you got into the house and switched to English. Everybody knows it's important to speak English except these knuckleheads. You can't land a plane with "why you ain't…". You can't be a doctor with that kind of crap coming out of your mouth. There is no Bible that has that kind of language. Where did these people get the idea that they're moving ahead on this? Well, they know they're not, they're just hanging out in the same place, five or six generations sitting in the projects when you're just supposed to stay there long enough to get a job and move out. ~Bill Cosby, the "Pound Cake" speech.

And honestly, it's really starting to seem like they'd rather not since these assholes are trying to "Normalize" everything from the Cornell 7 to outright pedophilia, and they have the balls to be surprised that nobody's cool with this.

I have a partner and a kid, of course I'm gonna have a problem with that crap.

A lot of these freaks seem like they'd rather flaunt their perversions and Sin openly, because they think of that as some kind of sign of political power or some shit. 

Please, nobody tell them how that kind of thing historically works out...especially in societies where a lot of people are religious. I'd like it to be a surprise, if that's OK.

But then, a weirdly out-of-touch detachment from basic reality or conventional morality seems to be the price of admission to the GOP these days. 

It's bad enough that Karl Rove, you know...the guy who originally pitched exactly that like it was some sort of a flex...is voting for the Democrats now.

Welcome to the Revolution, Karl.

Way too many of these fucking people never actually gave a damn about any of the things they said they did.

You either believe in freedom or you don't.

The Revolution Will Be Livestreamed.

Слава Україна!

If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on Earth. And this idea that government is beholden to the people, that it has no other source of power except to sovereign people, is still the newest and most unique idea in all the long history of man's relation to man. This is the issue of this election. Whether we believe in our capacity for self-government or whether we abandon the American revolution and confess that a little intellectual elite in a far-distant capital can plan our lives for us better than we can plan them ourselves. ~Ronald Reagan

One

Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows. ~George Orwell, 1984. 



No comments:

Post a Comment