Friday, October 1, 2021

What the...? (Why Conservatism Doesn't Work Anymore: HERE"S YOUR FUCKING ANSWER!)

Cocaine is God's way of telling you you are making too much money. ~Robin Williams

Seriously? I mean...what the...?

Or as a British mate of mine would put it "WHAT THE ACTUAL DONKEY-SHAGGING FUCK!?!?!??!?!

Apparently, Larry The Cable Guy, of all fucking people, got into an argument with a bunch of doctors on Twitter.

I'm going to be honest here, as a former-conservative devotee of various and assorted comedians ranging from David Letterman to George Burns to George Carlin, Johnny Carson, Margaret Cho, Paul Rodriguez and Robin Williams, I hadn't the slightest fucking idea that Larry The Cable Guy was even still around. I think in my entire life I've watched like five minutes of him, and that because somebody else was flipping channels and lingered on some Blue Collar Comedy Tour thing for ten minutes (and Ron White, who my friend was actually a fan of, was on for the other part of that.)

I figured since Larry was probably more known for voicing a tow truck in the "Cars" movies than anything he ever did stand-up comedy-wise he'd probably faded back into fake redneck obscurity along with Jeff Foxworthy by now. 

I'll admit it, I never "got" the whole making bank off making fun of rednecks schtick back in the 1990's when it was popularized by people like Jeff Foxworthy, and I'm from Northern Michigan...from more or less the upper-class area of where I'm from at that. I'm sorry, but white trash poverty and the kind of mentality that revels in it just wasn't funny to me. And I'll note that was before I got with my ex-wife and saw the effects of it a lot more up close. A hell of a lot of that kind of thing is just plain sad.

And people who never had to deal with it themselves putting on the fake-redneck put-on just plain pisses me off, because quite frankly I know a lot of people who (despite lacking starting out with boots) managed to bootstrap themselves up out of that crap. I know even more who tried, tried like hell, and still failed. I know people who did some shit that was just plain unbelievable to me, who worked their asses off on a level I couldn't manage and started on their way to making it. Then life dealt them a bad hand or two or they fucked something up and they ended up worse off than when they started.

And I know people (self included) who were given every advantage you can ever think of who still screwed it up multiple times, or couldn't hack this thing or that.

So people who were hardly "Blue collar" making a comedy tour off of riffing on the struggles of working-class and poor white folks is decidedly not funny to me. People who strongly play up their so-called Christian and "Conservative" values and who were even educated that way...then make not just a living but absolute BANK off of talking the complete opposite? Well, that just plain pisses me off.

I can remember when being a Christian or a conservative came with standards of conduct.

It's not that way anymore. It's just not.

More to the point, here we have a dude who is mostly known for and popular because of saying dumb shit, trending on Twitter because he's gotten himself in an argument with a bunch of doctors on Twitter.

Why is this news?

Hell, why did this even happen in the first place?

I mean, to be quite the fuck honest, I'm not the least bit surprised that Larry The Cable Guy is an anti-vax ninny. I'm really not.

Nor am I particularly surprised that he apparently can't spell or write worth a shit either. I'm just not.

What does surprise me and make me kind of mad is that anybody would accord legitimacy to this chucklefuck when it comes to medical stuff, and I suppose doctors have to engage on that.

But I don't. 

You cannot reason with unreasonable people. I'm not going to lie, my normal social media response to people like this is Fuck You/Blocked. It's really that simple.

It sort of bothers me that somebody who was a drama major and college dropout from a Baptist university would even think getting into an argument with doctors...with anybody who "dealing with that shit is what they do" when at best, he gets paid to talk about things, and at worst to say dumb shit about stuff.

And the thing that really frosts my ass is there's people who will think Larry the Cable Guy was right, for no better reason than he says what they want to hear.

And how in the hell is that "Christian?" Isn't lying a sin?

Isn't speaking ignorantly considered wrong?

That's what I was taught, anyway. But it's apparently not that way anymore.

You want to know what's wrong with America, well there you have it.

How we fix this, I don't know, but we'd best get started.

Part Two.

Part One.

No comments:

Post a Comment