Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Imagine (Part Two)

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace, you
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope some day you'll join us
And the world will be as one ~Imagine, John Lennon.
So, this happened over the weekend. Some bunch of Republican ladies held a profoundly strange fashion show, at which nutty White Supremacist Republican candidate Corey Stewart was evidently a guest, and which at some point featured the North Korean national anthem being played.

The...

The what?

Okay, what the hell kind of reversed Radical Chic horse-fuckery is this bullshit?!?!

In case anybody's curious here's the English translation.

Listen, ya'll, I thought these people were supposed to be Republicans, and here they are playing a Stalinist national anthem at a fucking fashion show?

What kind of dystopian hell do these fucking people allow their minds to inhabit that they'd come up with this ridiculous garbage?

For one thing, I thought Republicans were anti-Communist?

Listen, I have a theory. This theories is borne out of personal experience and the whole mess was mostly finally articulated in my head last night while I was thinking about this ridiculous shit.

I think Conservatism has lost its religion...or rather, that its version of Christianity has become so commingled with their screwed up political views and general performative terribleness at acting like human beings that they've lost the plot completely. Instead of trying to find it, they've just thrown it all away and said "Fuck it" not unlike how I felt after my divorce left me feeling like Christianity was basically bullshit. I'll be the first to tell you I went a little nuts for awhile. It really didn't turn out well for anybody.

I saw this earlier this morning, and it sent a chill down my back. Evidently there are people protesting the Red Hen, the place that threw out Sarah Huckabee Sanders. Some of them are carrying signs that say "Trump is love." Now, aside from the general ridiculousness of that statement, there's a theological issue here, let me show you:

Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love. In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. ~1 John 4:7-10


See what I mean? In my interpretation, to say "Trump is love" or for that matter to say that about any human being is, in fact, wrong.

These fucking people are beginning to equate Trump with God. After a decade worth of equating Obama with the Anti-Christ or Satan, they apparently decided that the next politician in office must be the Savior. I'm a little curious how that would've played out if we'd gotten anybody other than Trump. But then I seriously doubt that Evan McMullen, Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz would have a Cult of Personality (Does Ted Cruz even have a personality? Or would there just be a cult of spider-worshiping druids?) at all. Ben Carson and Gary Johnson probably knew what one of those was at one time but have forgotten. Jill Stein probably would defer to Putin on whether or not she could establish a cult of personality, Bernie I could kind of see it, but I doubt he'd be one to carry it to the level that Trump has. Like, I'm serious, I think these people are going to eventually try to burn down the American experiment and try to install Trump as king, and I think he's dumb and narcissistic and suffering from cognitive decline enough to let them.

I think doing so would start a war. Hell, the rhetoric on the Right, a certain level of defeatism in terms of the country and its culture that I've observed lately, makes it seem possible. I think they know they'd lose. An article I saw the other day certainly made that case for right-wing defeatism. Note that I don't think the author is all that he says he is. Still, he wants a war.

Hell, I think a war is what conservatives want, never mind that there's nothing conservative about a civil war. Never mind that they're far from the only ones with guns or military experience, and probably shorter on training for most of the support functions than average. Never mind that every aspect of American life from government to the military to the states to even who talks to who would be, functionally, split according to who supports this racist Trumpist political bullshit and who doesn't...and with or without Trump that's going to be an issue for a long time. I don't have to tell you which side the Russians would be arming and supporting.

Another one for the "Republicans are basically Communists now" file. Note that this is a Republican, comparing other Republicans to Mao Zedong' s Red Guards and the Cultural Revolution. Between this and the North Korean Anthem shit, I don't think it's hard to figure out what these fucking people's goals are. For one thing, if they and Putin do succeed at causing America to come flying apart, somewhere WILL end up a far-right version of North Korea.

The alarms have sounded, the missiles are on their way down, something is going to get bombed. The key here would have been for people to show up in 2016 and all the off-year elections before it, to take out the capability for Republicans to throw all this crap at us while they performatively went off the rails.

Just sayin,'

The truth is, I think these fucking people know the gig is up. I think they know they're on their way out and they want to steal as much as they can before they go and flip all the rest of us the biggest middle finger possible on the way out the door.

See, this right here, this bullshit from last week? That's the kind of performance art stupidity that my ex-wife used to pull. Things got real bad with that right before we split up, and continued that way for several months after, until-sort of-a routine developed and she calmed down a little.

Just keep in mind this is personality disorder bullshit on a national scale.

The only way to prevent these fucking people from making this crazy shit worse is to show up and vote, and for people to do so in great enough numbers to prevent things from getting worse, which means at least Democratic majorities in the House and Senate.

I think we might make it, but only because a lot of people, including many conservatives, are pissed off at Trump.

These fucking people can't even stand the mildest of criticism or the fierce but fragmented cultural and social resistance to their bullshit that they've faced so far, and all these calls for servility "civility" on the part of the rest of us are just the latest symptom of that. Imagine being so fearful and fragile and small-minded that one of your upper-class professional liars being turned away from a restaurant feels like an attack.

Now imagine what'll happen if enough of us show up to vote a whole bunch of these sons of bitches out of power...

Imagine (Part One)



No comments:

Post a Comment