Monday, July 3, 2017

Coins For Mercedes (Fundraiser closed by me.)





Two weeks ago, my friend Alyssa and I rescued two ferrets, a large Sable male who we named Monte Christo and a small Cinnamon female we named Mercedes. They are both supposed to be around eight months old.

Monte is fine, a big bouncy happy boy that likes to get into stuff, whose only real problem is a dangerous desire to chew on anything rubber that he can reach.

Mercedes, however, has real trouble using her back legs. We first noticed this when giving them the obligatory bath after we got them back to my house, and during the ensuing ferret playtime. At best, she'll walk sitting down, or sort of crawl. She wants to be a ferret and play...but that's difficult with mobility issues.

We took her to the vet, and she got medication for a potential back injury which was what the vet suspected, as did I at the time...and after two weeks of cage rest and medication there hasn't been any improvement and Alyssa, who along with a friend is caring for her...appears to be becoming despondent about this situation.

(Anybody seeking to donate should message me on Facebook)

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment