Thursday, November 10, 2016

Orders of the day: Mission Statement, rules and regulations, and statement of purpose.

Why We Are Here.

So, we're a full day after the election of Donald Trump as President of the United States of America, and shit is already starting to go pear-shaped. Anti-Semites, The alt-right, Islamophobes, Misogynists, Neo-Nazis, Racists, so-called “Christian” nut jobs and just about every other kind of shithead imaginable are already going bananas.

If my own experience with These Fucking People (And I must credit Jim Wright of Stonekettle Station for that term) is any indication, it's going to be a fight, and one hell of a long four years. I'm not looking forward to this...but you're either the kind of person who fights against injustice or you're not, so here we are.

This is the best way I could think of, at the moment, to fight against what I see coming. I can't go an hour without seeing an anxiety-filled Facebook post by somebody (and no, not all are liberals or non-Christians or people of color, this Trump crap has a lot of people thrown for a loop.)

Also, ferrets, other pets and assorted other topics will likely be discussed on a regular basis. We all will need a break from the stress now and again.

Also, I'm a gamer and occasional writer, I've got stuff I'm working on though I've not done much with it. Stories and such will likely appear often as well, and expect they will deal with relevant issues for the most part, in some way.

My basic rule of commenting here is “Don't be a dick.” I'm the guy who has to keep order in the comments section, being a dick is My job. All comments will be moderated before posting.

I've no issues with conservative views, nor with liberal ones, as I'm more or less in the middle. Yes, that means I voted for Hillary Clinton. Note: I used to BE a conservative (Moderate conservative, specifically) but I'm not a nut.

I have no tolerance for conspiracy theories. I have even less tolerance for religious woo woo bullshit. I have a Pentecostal ex-wife who had mental health issues. You can't top that, taking it as a challenge means a quick trip out the airlock. 

Note that I have no problem with religion, but, wardroom etiquette and all...fuck it. It will come up, it will probably be a major topic at times. If you can't discuss the issue rationally or you think you're going to bring people to Jesus by way of your dickish behavior, don't.

Also, You can keep that gun nut shit to yourself. I have guns, but if you think of your weapon as enhancing your manhood, we're not going to get along. Move along, Mall Ninja.

Also, Offensive shit will not post (...And I work Third Shift in a kitchen so I have a pretty high tolerance, but come on, even there we have a diversity policy and assorted other rules...) and as for hate mail? If you don't want to get bit and get your bullshit dragged out for the world to see...don't stick your hand in the cage.

Don't be that guy that makes me have to make a new rule.


~Division EEOC Officer Wulfgar, Mustelid Liberation Front.

No comments:

Post a Comment