Tuesday, April 3, 2018

It's got electrolytes (Part 2.)



JoeWhy me? Every time Metzler says, "Lead, follow, or get out of the way," I get out of the way.
Sgt. Keller: Yeah, when he says that, you're not supposed to choose "get out of the way." It's supposed to embarrass you into leading, or at least following.
Joe: That doesn't embarrass me. ~Idiocracy.

"P.O." Leaders don't have a clue? Listen here, you moldy orange nutsack, YOU'RE THE PRESIDENT. If you don't like what the Post Office is doing, you squirrel-wearing dickbag, it's YOUR GOD. DAMNED. JOB. To get on the phone, call up the Postmaster General (That's Meghan Brennan, appointed in 2015) and tell her what's up. Also, with the exception of U.S. Postal Inspectors (Armed, certified Federal Law Enforcement Officers) the Federal government and the U.S. Tax-payer don't pay for SHIT except in the context of going to the motherfucking post office and buying packaging or stamps or using various provided services. The Post Office is a government-owned corporation, it's everybody's delivery boy, and that's it's goddamned job.

Perhaps the Orange Assclown would be better understood in this context: If you don't smoke Tarrlytons... Fuck you!

If you buy from Amazon, Fuck You! If you read the Washington Post, Fuck You! If you think I shouldn't childishly mess with the economy over the fact that Jeff Bezos owns the Post and it criticizes me, Fuck You! If you didn't vote for me, Fuck You!

Actually, I think it could safely be said at this point that Trump's entire stated government policy is, indeed, Fuck You!




Listen, The world runs on money. I'm not a terribly huge fan of this, but it is a fact. The purpose of money is to serve as a medium of exchange for debts both public and private for the general public as well as the State, so in turn this serves as a medium of exchange between nations (and we'll get to that a bit more down the line, too.) I like money on some level, I suppose, and generally support regulated capitalism. The purpose of money is not "Something to be dumped in vast quantities into the pockets of one Donald J. Trump, and you know what, dude? The day Trump Adulation is something that the world runs on will also be the day pigs fly, my ex-wife gets a job, and you have a big dick. I'm fucking sorry, dude, but my ferrets have a better understanding of economics than you do and I'm pretty sure they'd be better at running the country and they might even listen to their advisers (and I'm taking into account the fact that several of my ferrets are, indeed, completely deaf.)




Also, I just saw this on my Facebook, on the "Angry Democrat" page. Yes, I think you could make the argument, easily, that these fools are crashing the economy so they can sell off stock, and then buy it back. Crash the economy and our government, and try to make money off of the crash. Also, if you think this will somehow benefit you, you're an idiot. There isn't one damn person that any of these Trump motherfuckers care about except for themselves, on an individual basis. No, they do not care about each other. No, they do not care if they survive this, or what happens after. All any of these idiots care about is the next day's stock prices, the next quarter, and in Trump's case the next poll and how he imagines his "ratings" are doing. If he has to crash the United States of America, not to mention the Republican Party in order to feel good about his monstrously insecure self, he'll fucking do it. 

Where does that leave you and me? 

I'll tell you one thing, tariffs and trade wars, or worries about such have already jacked up the price of pet foods a bit. Did I mention that Orijen (the pet food I'm buying nowadays) is a Canadian company? If you think this influences my (despite living in Michigan, which suffered from the arrangement back in the 1990's) favorable opinion of NAFTA at this point, you'd be right.

It leaves me wondering if I'm going to be paying $9 for a toilet brush at Wal-Mart before this is over...and if you think that won't adversely effect them and their capability to keep stores open in a situation where people are already saying bricks-and-mortar retail is going to be the next big bubble to pop. This is why companies like Amazon, and things like net neutrality for those companies to function, are very important. No matter what happens, people are going to need groceries and pet food and toilet paper.

It's left me, more than one time, wondering if I'm going to end my days with my shotgun in my hands, defending my house from hungry people who want to eat my dog and my ferrets, not out of malice but simply because civilization has collapsed and they're starving. If you doubt me, concerning how civil war and societal collapse works out, I suggest you get a second opinion from the cat population in Aleppo, Syria. That is, if you can find any cats. The God & Guns, shoot-all-the-non-whites-and/or-bait-the-Jesus-Trap Christian Homeschooling Creationism-inspired fantasies of the gun nuts, the militia nuts and the NRA are just that, fantasy. For most people they'll end like a typical game of The Oregon Trail: You Have Died Of Dysentery.

If you think Trump and the Republicans give a shit about you, you're wrong, unless you happen to have a billion dollars or so in the bank and you give some of it to them and you hold the "right" political views, whatever that means at the time.

As of right now, Republicans in the House and Senate fear a Democratic wave that will sweep many of them from office in November. More sober analysts feel that there's going to be a wave, but they're not sure what color it will be...only that it's probably not going to benefit Trump...and long-term, political change is likely to not benefit the Democrats, either, but in the short term it's going to be horrible for the Republicans.

It simply never occurs to these Republican motherfuckers that the most obvious solution is probably NOT to be total dicks to basically everybody. In point of fact, judging from the number of Republicans declining to run for re-election...or in the words of Bob Corker "Cashing out" they're hoping if they're not in office when the Mueller investigation and/or the public get back to the Sulaco and nuke the site from orbit (It's the only way to be sure) that the political will to prosecute will be lacking.

We have to make sure it isn't, and start holding these motherfuckers to account. These are the people who think that Marie Antoinette was too liberal for (allegedly) saying "Let them eat cake." They'd rather we all shoot each other or starve to death than faithfully execute the responsibilities that they swore to when they took that oath.

With these Republicans it's more like "Let them drink Brawndo" and Brawndo doesn't exist.

When you elect people to government whose word isn't worth shit, you can damned well expect your government and ultimately your country aren't going to be worth shit as a result.

Take some time and think about that before November, will ya?

Part 1








No comments:

Post a Comment